Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: How do I copy files to show Cue Points and Loops

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,
I recently lost my cue points and loops, I want to back my files up so they will save my cue points and loops.
Please help.

geposted Tue 29 Aug 17 @ 7:14 pm
janku.rrt@gmail.com wrote :
Hello,
I recently lost my cue points and loops, I want to back my files up so they will save my cue points and loops.
Please help.

They are in the \documents\virtualdj\database.xml file which you can easily backup
However it's dependent on track file paths, so your track files (generally) need to stay in the same place for it to work

geposted Tue 29 Aug 17 @ 8:57 pm
Thanks for you response.
If I understand you right; my files are in the \documents\virtualdj\database.xml file so I can navigate there and back them up.
Will this procedure keep my cue points and loops on the backup?
2. [However it's dependent on track file paths, so your track files (generally) need to stay in the same place for it to work]
Does this mean the files will only work on the same computer or what?
Please advise.

geposted Tue 29 Aug 17 @ 11:36 pm

Hello Klausmogensen,
I am new at this and it took a lot to set up my computer as such I don't want to engage in any try and error.
Will you please give me a step-by-step breakdown of how to back the files up.
I checked the XML files and they are codes so I'm trying to be careful.
Thanks.

geposted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 11:27 am
No help I guess!

geposted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 7:20 pm
If you are backing up one computer then copy the database.xml file and keep it somewhere safe.

Simple as that.

You really should make yourself more aware of the basics and also have a read of the VirtualDJ manual.

geposted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 7:22 pm
Thanks a lot

geposted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 7:43 pm

geposted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 8:27 pm
Thanks a lot

geposted Thu 31 Aug 17 @ 7:24 pm
No help I guess!

Sorry
Yes, you can backup the XML file
But you just need to make sure that your track files stay in the same locations on the harddrive for it to work
Or if you copy the xml and track files to a new laptop, they need to be placed in the same paths as on the original laptop

geposted Thu 31 Aug 17 @ 7:55 pm
Sorry
Yes, you can backup the XML file
But you just need to make sure that your track files stay in the same locations on the harddrive for it to work
Or if you copy the xml and track files to a new laptop, they need to be placed in the same paths as on the original laptop

I like the last line. Exactly what I have been trying to do.
I will let you know if it works for me.

geposted Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 1:54 am
I copied my source code and my folder containing my songs and placed them in the same location on a different computer but it didn't transfer my cue points and loops.

geposted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:13 am
I copied my source code and my folder containing my songs and placed them in the same location on a different computer but it didn't transfer my cue points and loops.

What do you mean "source code"?

geposted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:14 am
the XML file

geposted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:46 am
the XML file

Ok, then it's pretty easy to test
1. Open the XML file in a text editor and locate the info on a file where cue points have disappeared
2. Make sure that there is no double info on the file (that you don't have et registrered twice) by doing af full document search for a bit of the filename
3. Check if the cue info for the file is still in the XML file - that will look something like this:
<Poi Name="Cue 1" Pos="17.522290" Num="1" />
<Poi Name="Cue 2" Pos="58.936168" Num="2" />
4. If it's still there, check the exaxt patch for the file. That's the first part named "FilePath"
You can check it easily by copying it out to explorer/finder, and "run" it
If it's found, your default media player will then normally open, and start playing the track

Normally you either don't have the cue info (something went wrong when you copied the XML file), or the patch is wrong, which means that the track won't start playing when you do step 4 above

geposted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:15 am
I'm completely lost.
Thanks anyway.

geposted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 1:00 am
I'm completely lost.
Thanks anyway.

That's not good...
I can try and guide you through it if you like?

geposted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 11:47 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I'm completely lost.
Thanks anyway.

That's not good...
I can try and guide you through it if you like?

How about Sunday October 1st, before 10AM ET, let me know if the time is OK with you.

geposted Sat 30 Sep 17 @ 12:48 am
I have a crackling noise in my sound. I changed cables, speakers, computer still no improvement.
Please help.

Someone help me change buffer settings, please.

geposted Sat 30 Sep 17 @ 12:51 am
How do I minimize CPU usage in VirtualDJ

geposted Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 12:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)