Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Not Responding since updating to 8.2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Running a Numark Mixtrack Pro quad on my Macbook Pro (newer one).
In the middle of a wedding, it shut down. I plug the mixtrack in via USB (tried two cables and two computer usb plugins) and it turns on and lights up. But Virtual DJ 8.2 doesn't detect it.

I have a license. This is freaking stupid.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 5:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by not detected?
If you open options, and go to controllers, is it listed there?

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 6:42 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm a bit confused over exactly which controller you are referring to.

Searching for Mixtrack Pro and Mixtrack Pro Quad delivers different results.

I mention this because I have the Mixtrack Quad 4-Channel DJ Controller with Audio I/O
https://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-quad

Been using it for close to three years on MacBook Pro, with regular updates to latest builds of VDJ 8.2. Never had a problem. In fact I did a wedding last night with that unit and Build 3848 VDJ 8.2.

I'm just wondering if you are referring to the same controller I am using (Mixtrack Quad 4-Channel DJ Controller) or some other model.

Knowing the exact model of controller you are referring to would be of great help to those who will be looking to solve your problem. My best wishes for a happy outcome.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 11:55 am
Thanks for your responses.
It is the Mixtrack Pro 4 Channel. I love it but for some reason it's not being detected...meaning virtual DJ won't pick it up when it's plugged in. It's not shown as a sound card under the preferences when it's plugged in. The only thing I get when it's plugged in are the pads and colors light up, then the wheels light up and everything else goes dark.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 4:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its the Mixtrack Quad, as far as i can see from your Account profile data in our server.
I have the unit here and with 10.12, the unit is properly detected both as Controller (in Controllers tab) and as Sound card (i get the special button in the Audio tab)
As per the manual the correct audio setup should be Master in Chans 1,2 ans Headphones in Chans 3,4

Make sure the Mixtrack sound card is also detected in the Audio Midi Setup of Mac (Applications->Utilities) and is not the selected/default audio device for Mac OSX.

Also, if the unit re-connects but fails to initialize the audio back, open Settings->AUDIO tab, hit the APPLY button and see if that bring audio back.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 4:51 pm
Looks like it's the sound card.......this is what I have under the audio setup....sooooooooo what next?

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 6:21 pm
Dead Mixtrack Quad then, I guess. How old is it? Under warranty?

Contact Numark and see what they say. Also contact the retailer.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 6:32 pm
That's what I was thinking. I have a spare (Numark Mixtrack Pro) that I can use. I'm just wondering if they'll give me some sort of discount on the license. I got it back in 2013 so....no warranty.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 6:48 pm
Mrogers1257 wrote :
if they'll give me some sort of discount on the license

"They" being Atomix? No, there's no discount on Plus (controller) licenses if you've already got another one. That's one reason they're cheap.

If you want to avoid future costs, buy a Pro Infinity license - which you should've had if you're doing weddings anyway. The Plus ones are for home use.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 7:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
To make sure the hardware is faulty try to ..
- connect to a different computer
- connect to a different USB port
- connect to a self-powered USB hub.

Then contact Numark to get your nearest Tech Support/Service point. Could be something simple and get repaired cheap enough , like a loose USB connector.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 9:51 pm
It may not be the controller... I had a similar bizarre issue with a Denton mc6000 and hc4500 starting with build 3798. When I downgraded to build 3780 it worked fine again. I haven't tried any of the builds after 3798.

I'm going to start a new thread about it.

geposted Mon 04 Sep 17 @ 4:09 am
sfernino wrote :
It may not be the controller... I had a similar bizarre issue with a Denton mc6000 and hc4500 starting with build 3798. When I downgraded to build 3780 it worked fine again. I haven't tried any of the builds after 3798.

I'm going to start a new thread about it.

Try downgrading to build 3780 and see what happens. That will determine if it's a similar issue to what I'm experiencing and may get everything working again Or determine if it's more likely your controller as most already suggested.

geposted Mon 04 Sep 17 @ 9:56 pm
sfernino wrote :

No your issue is not similar with his one.
For starters, his OS is unable to detect the controller even as a soundcard (whereas in your case audio works)
If the OS can't detect a controller (or part of it) then VirtualDj can't do anything about that and it's not the one to blame. Also going back to previous builds won't fix anything for him since it's the OS (and not VirtualDj) that fails to detect the controller...

geposted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 6:06 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
sfernino wrote :

No your issue is not similar with his one.
For starters, his OS is unable to detect the controller even as a soundcard (whereas in your case audio works)
If the OS can't detect a controller (or part of it) then VirtualDj can't do anything about that and it's not the one to blame. Also going back to previous builds won't fix anything for him since it's the OS (and not VirtualDj) that fails to detect the controller...

Was just trying to be helpful. This was the first post I've seen sounding similar to what I was going through. I didn't want him thinking it was his controller if perhaps it was the same problem I was experiencing. Obviously it's not the same problem.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 2:27 am
Don't get me wrong... I know you were trying to help! :)
I don't speak English natively and therefore some times my writing may come out wrong. I just wanted to highlight the fact that these two problems are completely different.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 11:07 am
Understood.

geposted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 3:46 am
gfunk1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I need help - I have a Numark Mixdeck and it's not detecting the sound card to select in the settings. I have Virtual Dj 8.2 full pro version and a license.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 2:28 am
MrongerS I have the some problem. Dead Mixdeckbquad. My virtual dj and Serto does not right anymore

geposted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 8:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)