Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ unstable after b3573

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I tried some newer build after b3573, but everytime VDJ, at apparently random condition, had a several problems (partially or completly hang).

I already posted, in June, for b3752: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/218235/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/b3752_HANG.html?search=hang&page=1

I would retried it with b3848:
- One week ago, during Gig VDJ hang for some seconds (3 times during gig, music and skin) and itself continue to work.
- Last saturday gig I would try to give it another chance, but it completly HANG: I need to kill it with Windows Task Manager and, before restart it, I switch off WiFi connection, because I read somewhere, someone solved with it.

I never connect to WiFi in my gig, because I don't know the wifi password connection of site.
I try to put my 1 cent, and suppose this: Windows 10 connect automatically to "open" hot-spot, but to really navigate it need credential with browser;
VDJ see WiFi connected and constantly try to communicate with Internet, until it has a several problem (maybe for leak memory in those routine, that hang itself).

The event viewer of last gig, and focus on "RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64", that is the Windows Autmatic Memory Leak detection.

Bucket errato , tipo 0
Nome evento: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
Risposta: Non disponibile
ID CAB: 0

Firma problema:
P1: virtualdj8.exe
P2: 8.2.3848.0
P3: 10.0.15063.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

File allegati:
\\?\C:\Users\GBaroni\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR8395.tmp\empty.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8396.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER83D3.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER83E4.tmp.txt

I file potrebbero essere disponibili qui:

Simbolo analisi:
Nuova ricerca di soluzioni: 0
ID rapporto: b5b90975-e787-4060-88f4-0c27eff3ecbb
Stato rapporto: 536870914
Bucket con hash:

With "old" b3573 (used it until end of august 2017) I never had any problem on a same club, so the changes that cause it are after this build.

I'm working with computer from 35 years (i'm software developer and computer system engeneering), so I already tried:
- SFC /Scannow to test system integrity: ok
- ChkDsk /F to test HD disk integrity: ok
- Lowlevel HD test: ok
- Lowlevel memory test: ok
- Lowlevel CPU test: ok

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 8:26 am
You may have found a small memory leak. That'll be up to the dev's to figure out and maybe fix

But I doubt that the hangs/crashes are general issues, because I doubt that a lot of people are still as far back as b3573

For instance I used b3696 for months without any hangs/crashes

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 12:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It would indeed be useful if you could try some builds between 3573 and the current build (from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html ) to pinpoint when this problem started.
If it is indeed a memory leak, you could keep Task Manager open while running to see if memory use continues to increase.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 1:47 pm
Adion, it's difficult to test any version: before I upgrade from "rock" stable b3573, I launch VDJ with newer version in automix for several hours without any issue.
Only during gig I had a trouble and I don't want do any possible crash "test" during gig.
Also, not always crash; for example with build 3848:
- Friday 8 September on Club "A": no issue
- Saturday 9 September on Club "B": 3 temporary freeze
- Friday 15 September on Club "A": no issue
- Saturday 16 September on Club "B": 1 serious hang

Thank You anyway for interesting.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 3:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
just do gigs in Club A ..lol kidding.
Any chance its some powering issue, temporary voltage drop ? I 've experienced such issues myself and realized it was a large smoking machine (powered from the same AC line/cord) was the cause. Could be a large Air-Condition, large moving heads etc.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 8:43 pm
DJDad, the first issue with VDJ after b3573 I had in June, in club "A" (with b3752, Windows 10 1607); after this I rolled-back to b3573 and I worked without any issue in all club (included Club "B" every saturday)... until I installed b3848 (Windows 10 1703). Well take a fact:
- with b3752 without any trouble, for several month, on all club
- VDJ hang with newer version also in other club
- windows error reporting "RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64" (VDJ memory leak)

I don't think it is powering issue.

Last saturday I started VDJ at about 22:00 with pre-mixed mp3 and a long video for background; at 23:00 I begin to mix mp3, even with same long video in background (I use it every saturday); at 23:36 VDJ stop working while mp3 play (no music, skin hang).
Before restarting VDJ I taked a look to wifi icon and I see it's was automatically connected to an open hot-spot (that require browser authentication): I disable wifi and restart gig with VDJ and mixed mp3 and mainly mp4 video (with various transition) until 3:30, whitout any issue... such as every saturday.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 6:56 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)