Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crashes, stack overflow error line 1, out of memory line 1

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

The latest update has made the app unusable. I have restarted it because of errors 6 times today. I have 16 GB of RAM how can your program be out of memory? I have to kill the process in the task manager to even get it to close when this happens. And you guys want me to spend $300 for a licence lol, get it together guys.

geposted Fri 06 Oct 17 @ 8:22 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
if using windows 10. set the vdj icon to run vdj in compatibility mode. for windows 8.1, and turn off any antivirus. see if that helps.

geposted Fri 06 Oct 17 @ 8:43 pm
Thanks, but no luck. Didn't even make it through a whole song before getting the Stack Overflow error. The software is useless at this point. If I have time later I will try to find and install a previous version and turn off automatic updates.

geposted Mon 09 Oct 17 @ 2:23 pm
Out of million of users using this software professionally, you are the only one that has such an issue.
Therefore what makes you say it's the software and not bad / incompatible audio drivers, corrupted files, non-optimized OS e.t.c. that causes the issue ?

Don't get me wrong, I want to help you solve your issue, but you're not giving out any information towards that subject, nor you seem to actually want to get helped. It seems more like rant/trolling to me than an actual user that has an issue that wants to solve it.

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 5:57 am
Sounds like it could be a JavaScript error maybe from an ad or browser being used... a guess.. OP did not provide any details though.

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 11:43 am
PhantomDeejay, thanks for the response. I was frustrated that my first post seemed to be ignored. http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/220129/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/Security_errors_with_Ads.html
But I did not mean to come across as trolling, I really want the software to work properly as it did before the last update.

I have narrowed it down to the errors coming from the browser the ads are running in. The security errors, memory errors and stack overflow errors all seem to be generated by the browser the ads run in. This would also explain why the millions of professional users aren't having any issues as they don't see ads.

I have no issues with the ads, I am using the software for free so ads are expected, but I don't want it to crash the app.

I am running Windows 10, the app is now running in Compatibility mode for Window 8, I don't have an 8.1 option. Please let me know what other information you need, and again thanks for your response.

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 2:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since it appears regularly for you, would it be possible to post a screenshot of the ad and the error message so that we can better investigate the issue with our ad provider?
Thanks

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 2:59 pm
Not sure how to post to the message, but I have put them all in a shared album.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/538S2btGvAAwSqG93

I only used this a little today and did not get the security warnings as I had in the past, also did not have to restart the app today. I just clicked okay on the popups and the program kept working. Let me know what else I can do to help.

geposted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 4:18 am
It's definitely from the ads in the free version, I traced it back and one I blocked connectivity on VDJ through firewall, no problems.. At least the Amazon Echo add seems to cause it. *reminisces to the days when good software was enough to pay the bills*

geposted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 6:57 pm
Not sure if this issue was specifically addressed, however after the update it seems to be solved. I have been playing songs all day and no error messages as of yet. Usually at this point I would have had to restart the program a couple of times.

Edit: spoke too soon, lol Getting a security alert for a security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site

Issued to *.provenpixel.com
Issued by Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2

Thanks

Larry

geposted Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 6:28 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
run malwarebytes free.
then install ccleaner
then trim or a do a defrag

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:22 am
SipDudeHome userMember since 2017
I thought it was my computer when a friend of mine (Also running VDJ) said he gets the same errors due to the runaway scripts in certain ads on the right. I think there should be more of a quality control check before they allow these ads to run in their software.

I'm hoping for a fix sooner than later as prior versions did not have this issue.

Keep up the good work!

-G

geposted Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 7:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)