Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: AKAI LPD 8 - Mapping Question - PADCC

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

So i am using moramax's LPD 8 mapping, and have got 16 samples loaded, 8 on left deck and 8 on right deck. the issue i am having is that for prog3_pad1 when i press any of the 8 pad buttons the sample keeps playing until i press the pad button again, however for prog3_padcc1 with the same mapping, the sample only works if i keep the button pressed. i am scratching my head with this one.

PROG3_PAD1 =Sampler_Play_Stop 1 - plays the first sample from left deck and keeps playing until press pad1 again
PROG3_PAD1CC = Samper_play_stop 13 - plays the 1st sample from right deck only if i keep the pad pressed.

both sides set to master, and trigger moder = on/off

geposted Mon 09 Oct 17 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
_PADXCC keys are triggered along with the _PADX keys every time you press the PADX.
The "CC" key is the velocity (how hard you press the PAD) and needs to be used for actions like effect parameter or sampler volume. Shouldnt be used with on/off actions.
One other thing is that the Sampler mode (On/Off, Hold, Stutter and Unmute) will apply to samples only if the sampler_pad X is used.
So you need to have ..
_PADX assigned as .. sampler_pad X
_PADXCC assigned as .. sampler_volume_nogroup X

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 9:09 am
djdad wrote :
_PADXCC keys are triggered along with the _PADX keys every time you press the PADX.
The "CC" key is the velocity (how hard you press the PAD) and needs to be used for actions like effect parameter or sampler volume. Shouldnt be used with on/off actions.
One other thing is that the Sampler mode (On/Off, Hold, Stutter and Unmute) will apply to samples only if the sampler_pad X is used.
So you need to have ..
_PADX assigned as .. sampler_pad X
_PADXCC assigned as .. sampler_volume_nogroup X

So thats why it a working that way. It's a hardware limitation. No objective is to get all 16 samples to trigger using the 8 pads. Is there any way to do this.

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 11:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are a few ways..
1. Use another PROG to assign sampler_pad 9 to sampler_pad 16
2. Re-create your Sampler Banks to only hold up to 8 Samples.
3. Use a button as a "switch". In this case you can sacrifice one of your 8 Pads and assign it as .. set '$samplermode' 1 while_pressed. Then each one of your PADs need to be assigned as .. var '$samplermode' ? sampler_pad 9 : sampler_pad 1 and var '$samplermode' ? sampler_pad 10 : sampler_pad 2 etc
Then your Pads (7 instead of 8) will trigger samples 1 to 7 if the "Switch" is not pressed or samples 8 to 14 if pressed. Or you can have this "switch" as a toggle mode if you assign that as .. toggle '$samplermode'
4. Get a controller with more pads and/or more buttons to assign as "switches" :)

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 11:48 am
I will go the another prog route, i like to have 16 samples so that i dont have to always load and look at the computer when i want to trigger one of them.

geposted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 5:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)