Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I have the numark party mix and want to make new light programs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have the Numark party mix dj controller and want to make new lighting programs for it but i'm not great at scripting. Is there a way i can make new programs for when i'm djing? I plan on becoming an event dj eventually this year and want more than 3 light programs along with auto and autobeat. I also want some tips on how to be a good event dj.

geposted Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 2:20 am
#1 you need more lights than the 3 on the back of that board.

geposted Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 1:24 pm
What do you mean by Event? Do you mean clubs or the family disco?
Having done family discos its all about understanding your audience. Don't just play what you like as it may fall flat on your face and have no one dancing.
I have been to many a party where the DJ wont take requests and what they play is what they like and it was painful to watch.
Also keep an eye on the kind of music that gets people to the floor, IE play a motown track and get the dancers up, try to keep that kind of stuff going with more classic motown or 70s etc.

As with everything it will all come as you do more and more but remember, they are paying for your service so do your best to make sure you give them the best.

As for lights, Id agree with T Tommy B. Don't use this for the lighting, yes its a nice little add on but use proper lighting. If your handy enough you can even make your own amazing lighting display.

geposted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 2:47 pm
advice. 1. freestyler dmx is a free software for lighting control. you can but a usb to dmx on ebay for 20.00 .. now for lights anything goes .. as long as you can either sound to light or program it. Even the light from china can be mapped. I have done lots of them. If you get stuck ask a question.

geposted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 5:27 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)