Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] Reloop Touch controller - VirtualDJ 8 Pro included - Page: 6

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 4:39 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Why everyone here crying? Price Reloop touch is low. VDJ with full features is bonus .
Rekordbox is Pioneer . When I buy rekordbox with video and I do not want to Pioneer controllers (after year) , so I have problem. I must only Pioneer. Rekordbox is a Bad copy Serato.
Traktor not suport Video .. NI S8 (1200 dollars) is only for traktor .. No problems

Do not cry for a few dollars..

I apologize for my English

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 5:31 pm
Dwelly say : My friend is a serato user but is looking for a 4 channel controller and considered switching to virtual dj with the Reloop Touch. But he held off pre-ordering when he found out that due to the licencing he may have trouble reselling if he doesn't get along with it.

solution: You Friend Buy VIRTUALDJ 8 PRO "SUBSCRIBER" (15 dollars monthly) and tested ... Good .. Buy Virtual DJ 8 Infinity ( not register reloop VDJ8 - After pre-ordering with VDJ )

it is Easy. :D

I do not want to discount when i have VDJ8 Infinity .. and I do not need it VDJ from reloop Touch . ;)

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 5:48 pm
@DJMILA

Maybe the exchange rate for USD is pretty good in your part of the world? But that is not the case here, and other places.
Anything priced in USD here is very expensive!

And sounds like you have plenty of $$$ by your comments, not everyone is in the same boat!

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 9:12 pm
Kenny I understand
For me is price in dollars + transport + Duty + Tax 21% + margins = :(

But it is for all controllers . Therefore, in proportion Reloop Touch has good price.
Now he's here new innovation (still can not be bought) and many people have it problems.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 9:45 pm
dwelly wrote :
I don't expect VDJ licences to match the other software but with the others there is absolute clarity.
My Numark NV unlocks full serato DJ as do my Numark V7s but in order to use my Reloop Terminal Mix 4 with full serato I had to purchase a licence which I did for £45 (in sale week).

My friend is a serato user but is looking for a 4 channel controller and considered switching to virtual dj with the Reloop Touch. But he held off pre-ordering when he found out that due to the licencing he may have trouble reselling if he doesn't get along with it.

Virtual DJ already has a hard enough time against Serato, Traktor & Rekordbox on price and consumer perception, justified or not, that issues like this need to be resolved especially if we are to see more of these "bundled with hardware deals".

Well, they can't please everyone. You and a few hundred others may think that VDJ has a hard time, but not everyone thinks like that. You already have to software, so why is this a problem for you? Buy the controller, don't register the copy that comes with it, and when you want to sell, bam, no problem. As for all the others, I can't speak for them, and neither can you. This is the company policy. Serato has a company policy. Everyone has a company policy. None of them are going to change it because a few don't like it. If they did, they would have to change it again next week, because someone else does not like it.

I'm getting ready to buy another Pioneer product that comes with Serato. It's not fair that I have to pay the same price, because I don't use the software that it comes with. I'm going to start crying right now, so they can change their policy, and lower the price on that controller. No I'm not, because that's the way it is and I want that controller. Guess what? If I don't like it I can buy something else. No one is forcing me to buy it, I have a choice. Your friend has a choice. He should do whatever is best for himself. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you get what you need. Hey, I think I will write a song about that.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 8:10 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you get what you need. Hey, I think I will write a song about that.

That's already done by some other rolling guys ;o)

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 7:35 pm
I just called my attorney, they stole my idea. On a more serious note, this post reminds me of a lot of things that I bought, but my van sticks out. When I bought this van, it had all of the things that I wanted, except it came with a sunroof. I don't like sunroofs. I looked all around to get what I wanted, but the ones without the sunroof, also lacked some of the things that I wanted. The sunroof was also $1500.00 added to the price. Bottom line, I took the van with the sunroof, and have never used it. It was the price I paid to get what I wanted. They wasn't going to take it out of the van, and they sure was not going to take the $1500.00 off because I wasn't going to use it. I had a choice Take it or leave it. You want cable, well this is what we offer. "But I don't need these other channels", "We don't care, that's what comes with that package". At Chipotle you may want red beans in your bowl. "We have brown and black, those are your choices". Do the research, make comparisons, and find what's best for you.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 8:44 pm
@A Man and His Music
Not a problem for me but even though I like the concept I will not buy a Reloop Touch (or Mixon 4) as they do not have aux inputs. ps. I still like my Reloop Terminal Mix 4, Neons and even the old Reloop Contour (with its 4 mini-faders just like "Touch"..)

@djmila
Try convincing someone to spend £200+ or £15 per month on Virtual DJ when he already has paid for Serato and Traktor licences, both at less than £100. I don't know anyone who uses video or karaoke so VDJs extra features are of no use to them.
Another DJ I know has just switched back to Traktor for a one-off £50 as it was cheaper than paying £15 a month to Atomix. Bye-bye another VDJ user.

In mobile and Video DJing virtual DJ may be accepted but in club DJing it has a hard time here in the UK.
I've been to open DJ groups where I've been the only virtual DJ user amongst 100+ guests and in my peer group its approximately
2 Virtual DJ users
6 Traktor users
30 Serato DJ / SSL users

geposted Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 4:16 pm
"Virtual DJ Pro OEM Licence" with Pioneer DDJ-SZ?

As the Pioneer DDJ-SZ is also Serato DJ enabled re-sale value wasn't an issue as it could now be with the Reloop Touch but are the Pioneer and Reloop "Virtual DJ Pro OEM Licences" different?

geposted Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 4:31 pm
I don't know how we can explain this any simpler, VirtualDJ licenses are non-transferable. If your friend likes this controller buy it. If not, buy something else. There are literally hundreds to choose from.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 12:42 am
If you can confirm that the Reloop Touch licence is non-transferable then please also get the registration page amended from it's current misleading statement:

https://www.virtualdj.com/reloop/
"Note This license and keycode cannot be sold or transfered to someone who does not own a Reloop Touch"

Simpler would be "This licence cannot be sold or transferred to another person"

geposted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 11:33 am
If you own a Reloop Touch, then you already have the license. In other words, if you sell the controller to someone that already owns one, he has the license. You’re selling the controller, he has a license. Maybe his controller broke or was stolen, but he still has a license for that controller. You are not selling him your license, which is tied to your account. This is the same with all controller licenses.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 7:47 pm
Yes but if you sell him your touch, then he does own one, and the licence can be transferred.
That is how it reads to me.

geposted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 10:38 pm
however you decide to interpret it Kenny, the only interpretation that actually matters is that of the company's.

but I have a super easy solution to getting around all of this debate: just buy a full infinity license and put it to the back of your mind and let others worry about it.

as much as I love reading these debates and wondering about the mental states of the writers involved, this one keeps circling back to 'I think it should go my way and everyone else is wrong".

geposted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 11:29 pm
Ok guys, however you want to read it, you are correct. Have a great day.

geposted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 5:21 am
Well, apparently Atomix are having a corporate meeting on Tuesday to discuss this, and hopefully come up with a fair and definite solution. So until then, we wait.

geposted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 8:55 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Kenny Speed wrote :
we wait.

YOU wait, EVERYONE else moves on!!

geposted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 8:31 am
OFFICIAL EDIT

A lot of valid points have been raised in this thread.
So we changed a bit the license terms of PRO OEM versions to make it clearer and more fair.
So yes, your PRO OEM license will now be transferred to the new owner if you sell your Reloop Touch controller.

geposted Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 11:09 am
As I have a Pro Infinity licence this doesn't affect me personally but I'm very happy to see this outcome as the Reloop Touch controller is now on a level playing field with Serato DJ controllers.

And I hope we now get to see more hardware partnerships, more "powered by Virtual DJ" devices and at some point an "embedded Virtual DJ" standalone all-in-one mixer / controller / media player...

geposted Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 12:49 pm
51%