Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-RX2 Unofficial Support - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Does anyone know a skin maker that would make an rx2 skin?

No solicitations allowed, thank you. You can ask for help, you just can't offer to pay them on the forum. AMAHM

geposted Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 9:33 am
interested in buying this controller so worth following this thread.
cheers guys
Iain

geposted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 5:03 pm
I need help with the settings.
It is giving me the error: "Error in the ASIO sound driver.Your soundcard is not connected or the settings are incorrect."
I have it set to:
Output: External Mixer
ASIO XDJ-RX2

Advice?

geposted Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 4:24 am
Error in ASIO drivers means that Windows are using the XDJ-RX2 soundcard as their default playback device and therefore the ASIO drivers fail to initialize.
In order to solve that,open Windows Sound settings and make sure that XDJ-RX2 is not used as Windows default playback and/or communications device.

geposted Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 2:10 pm

I would love to ask are the tech team any closer with the waveform display?

Has there been any breakthroughs?

geposted Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 6:11 pm
There is a new firmware available for the XDJ-RX2 (Version 1.23). Is it safe to update or will this break the VDJ mapping/compatibility?

geposted Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 1:01 pm
It is safe...

geposted Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 1:07 pm
Thank you!

geposted Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 1:15 pm
DJJTL87PRO InfinityMember since 2016
I open the download link and it leads to a blank page? Anyone have a working dl link for this one? THX!

geposted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 3:47 pm
DJJTL87 wrote :
I open the download link and it leads to a blank page? Anyone have a working dl link for this one? THX!

It's now officially supported so no more mapper

Simply get the latest Early Acces release:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

geposted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 4:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 5:15 pm
Hi there! First of all I want to thank the Team for the great work and the users for keeping this forum at a such high quality level :)
I have the RX2 for a couple day in test and I must say I'm impressed by how good it works with VirtualDj.
I've read the manual but I still have some question unanswered...

1. How could I set the browser list to display the BPM beside the Artist and the Title of a song (like it's displayed in USB standalone player mode)?
Now I can see the Artist, Title and a huge art cover :)

2. In the manual I see that the rotary button works like this: "BROWSE/ZOOM: When in Waves/Decks view, use this rotary to zoom waves in/out. When in Browser view, use this rotary to scroll through folders and tracks. Push the rotary to set focus to the Songs list (if not already) and view the content of the folder on the Display
Hold SHIFT down and then push the rotary to select the Sideview and view its content on the Display. Hold SHIFT down and then use the rotary to cycle through the available lists of Sideview (Automix, Sidelist, Sampler, Karaoke and Shortcuts)"
I can't cycle throuh Sideview lists if I hold shift and then push the rotary. In settings/controllers/ the BROWSE_PUSH button has the following Action: "holding ? recurse_folder : browser_enter". I have tried "holding ? recurse_folder : Shift ? browser_window +1 : browser_enter" but still not expected behavior.

3. How can I switch playing between USB mode and MIDI mode without interruption and still be able to browse through vdj lists?
Let's say that I have both decks in MIDI mode (connected with VirtualDj), deck1 is playing and I want to play next song in deck2 from USB1(using rx2's standalone player software). I push the USB1 button then push the LOAD2 button. At this point I get a warning "PC connected. LOAD track again. Or push the BACK button to cancel." I push load and the track is ready to play. I start playing Deck2 and then stop Deck1. I push BROWSE button and I can see the USB1 list being displayed (everything ok till next step). I push MIDI in order to browse and load a song to deck1 in MIDI mode(virtualdj) but at this step I'm being requested to push LOAD2 button again. The problem is that if I press the LOAD2 button I get the warning "Now playing. Push Rotary Selector to continue. Or push the BACK button to cancel". If I push Rotary or LOAD2 button the Deck2 stops playing and the vdj's browser window is displayed.
I have found a workarround: when I'm being requested to push LOAD2 button again I load a track in deck1 instead using GUI's browser window. I would like to use RX2's display instead.

4. Samples are being played but no audio on master/deck1/deck2. If I play a sample from Sampler Editor there is audio on prelisten output.
SamplerHeadphones is set to No (I'm using External mixer audio configuration)
samplerOtputDeck is set to 0 but I have tried 1 and 2 also.

5. It would be helpfull if I could find some info regarding the settings from UTILITY menu....some of them are intuitive but not all. What "On air display" means?

Thanks!

geposted Thu 29 Mar 18 @ 8:48 pm
Following This :O

geposted Thu 29 Mar 18 @ 10:05 pm
mariushallangos wrote :
1. How could I set the browser list to display the BPM beside the Artist and the Title of a song (like it's displayed in USB standalone player mode)?
Now I can see the Artist, Title and a huge art cover :)

This feature is not part of the firmware on MIDI/HID. (neither Rekordbox offers this). Unfortunately the huge area that is covered from the Artwork cannot be used to display anything else.

mariushallangos wrote :
2. I can't cycle through Sideview lists if I hold shift and then push the rotary.

Good catch.. some last minute edits were not pushed, Will update mapping files for next Update.
In the meantime, you can map
SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH as .. browser_window 'sideview'
SHIFT_BROWSE as .. sideview

mariushallangos wrote :
3. How can I switch playing between USB mode and MIDI mode without interruption and still be able to browse through vdj lists?.
Unfortunately, its a firmware limitation. Unless you press both LOAD buttons , you cant view the Browser of either MIDI or USB. All you can do is to use the BROWSE knob of the RX2 and look at the VDJ Browser instead of the RX2 display and unfortunately cant use the LOAD buttons either

mariushallangos wrote :
4. Samples are being played but no audio on master/deck1/deck2. If I play a sample from Sampler Editor there is audio on prelisten output.
SamplerHeadphones is set to No (I'm using External mixer audio configuration)
samplerOtputDeck is set to 0 but I have tried 1 and 2 also.

Check Master Sampler Volume. This is controlled from the AUX level knob when the AUX switch is set to OFF
Also, if you use External mixer mode, then Sampler is routed to both decks, meaning that for the Sampler to go through Master, you need to have at least one of the Deck Volume faders up. On the other hand, in MIDI (Master + Headphones) mode, Sampler is going through Master directly, so Deck volumes can be at zero.
Also in External mixer mode, the mixing is done on the hardware side, so is the Headphones routing, and the VDJ setting - to have Sampler on Headphones or not- is not applying here (Sampler is sent through decks and the hardware handles the PFL). The unit could have a dedicated Hardware button SAMPLER PFL (like some other units have), but it doesn't :(

mariushallangos wrote :
5. It would be helpfull if I could find some info regarding the settings from UTILITY menu....some of them are intuitive but not all. What "On air display" means?
Not sure if all those settings are applying and offered in the MIDI/HID mode (within VirtualDJ). Will have a look and either post here or update manual.

geposted Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 12:09 am
djdad wrote :

Check Master Sampler Volume. This is controlled from the AUX level knob when the AUX switch is set to OFF

Yes, that's right, I didn't check the master sampler volume (I can't find it on native skin). But Aux level knob seems to control it when the AUX switch is set to OFF. Thank you very much for your help.

geposted Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 4:50 am
Hello,

There is a new RX2 - Firmware (Ver 1.30). Install, or better wait?

Greetings
Alex

geposted Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 9:53 am
Firmware version 1.30 doesnt have any changes on the MIDI/HID part, so its safe to upgrade. Tested and works fine.

geposted Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 12:41 pm
djdad wrote :
Firmware version 1.30 doesnt have any changes on the MIDI/HID part, so its safe to upgrade. Tested and works fine.

Thanks!!

geposted Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 12:42 pm
LymdinHome userMember since 2018
Hey Team
I just purchased Rxdj2 but i dont know where to download mappers from
because it is not working with Virtual dj software
Some one please help me with a link to download its mapers

geposted Mon 07 May 18 @ 5:44 pm
You don't need a mapper. Support is built in.

Here's the setup guide

Just make sure that you have the latest version of VDJ 8.

geposted Mon 07 May 18 @ 5:52 pm
77%