Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vdj and why people might overlook it. - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
this is just can idea. not to start a flame war.

call it "vdj" the virtual part makes people think .........its for the non house/techno scene and they are very purist. but have loads of cash to spend on thngs
and the default skin. while a huge leap from seratos. for example silverstreeks skins could be the default?

i think these two things would help. ive converted a lot of traktor kids to vdj. because my mixes dont sound digitally like traktors. and serato is more for scratch.

there are many good reviews now about vdj. unlike before it wasnt taken seriously. and the sound is much much better with each build.

just wondering. cheers

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:10 am
oh no, not again. Please....
It's all a decision from the boss.
Period.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:16 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Using VDJ to it's full potential can lead to crashes, and instability.
Serato is simpler and more stable.
Nothing in this world can beat VDJ for ground breaking cutting edge features.
If you can manage VDJ..it's the best !

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:34 am
music234 wrote :
oh no, not again. Please....
It's all a decision from the boss.
Period.

i dont read the regular forums. im just starting to get asked that by my other dj friends. not going to open up a can of worms. sorry. but one reviewer did throw a left handed compliment that many people are too lazy too use vdj to its full potential. that its so custumizable. you can get lost in it.

and of course im not telling anyone the boss what to do. i use all 3. it just boggles my mind.

peace

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:52 am
bigron1 wrote :
Nothing in this world can beat VDJ for ground breaking cutting edge features.
If you can manage VDJ..it's the best !

if i have to look at a screen for hours. serato just is too dark. yes vdj there are many settings that can muff things up. but if your techy enough its not that bad. only had vdj crash 1 time. in 10 years.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:55 am
bigron1 wrote :

Can you provide facts that back up your statement ?
Or is it just speculation ?

When you declare something like this you need to prove your claims.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:56 am
bigron1 wrote :

Total rubbish Ron.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 11:58 am
Look..if your using the internet and a windows operating system with multiple video outputs at different resolutions Windows can barely keep up. It's not so much VDJ..but the Windows operating system which often relies on wi-fi hotspots and can be a nightmare, not to mention the complications multiple monitors can produce. I often use the venues large screen tv's, and projectors, and in particular older equipment can challenge Microsoft from a driver perspective.

I doubt many of you have real experience working in a variety of venues under differing conditions.

Maybe I should have said Traktor but it has extremely limited capabilities.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 12:22 pm
try a program called "cacheman" and have it set to "musicans/daw" mode. it cuts back uneeded services and lowers the latency. also if using an i7. make sure hyperthreading is enabled. and set your video to performance mode. not "best looking" or whatever windows calls it.

might help. and shut off your antivirus when mixing.

driver booster is a free (really) program that updates all the important little drivers windows my have missed

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 12:33 pm
I work in varied venues and use VDJ with HD video output, web browsers, twitter askthedj, RDP connection to external control devices and I never ever have any issues.

If you want to do things like that then using "older equipment" is looking for trouble.

Yet again you have successfully hijacked a thread. Well done.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 12:57 pm
Kradcliffe I saw your little disco photo which you were proud of and it looked little more than a beginners effort.
If your going to avoid using older multiple venue installed screens you are not using VDJ to its optimum. 10 or so large screen tv's are worth getting going even if their old.

Using VDJ to its best is hard.
Most DJ's take the easy road, no internet services, no complex video and just music.
Video can become so complex that I believe with all the overlays and effects even the best laptops can choke.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:18 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Look..if your using the internet and a windows operating system with multiple video outputs at different resolutions Windows can barely keep up.

bigron1 wrote :
but the Windows operating system which often relies on wi-fi hotspots

bigron1 wrote :
not to mention the complications multiple monitors can produce.

bigron1 wrote :
in particular older equipment can challenge Microsoft from a driver perspective.

Can you provide any proofs for these claims ?
Any technical article on the internet backing up what you say ?
Until you can come up with some serious proofs (in other words, other technical websites that claim the same things as you do based on tests they did on their labs (or any non-lab system) these is just plain speculation. Not only that, but they contain wrong information as well since Windows OS does NOT rely on an internet connection to operate, nor it relies on open hotspots, nor it connects there unless YOU tell it to do so.

bigron1 wrote :

Can you back up your claims ???
We have done some serious testing and research and we feel honored to claim that VirtualDj IS THE MOST STABLE dj-ing application. We even advertise that. We have our proofs for that, which is based on a research made by a third party independent company.
What are your proofs ?

And maybe you need to define the word "simpler" as well ?

How do you know which application is simpler ?
From the GUI ?
From the feature set ?

Or do you actually have access to the code of both applications and you have the knowledge to compare which code is more efficient ?
Guess what ? Windows Notepad is a "simple" text editor. But it crashes very easily with large files (bigger than 10MB), where the much more "complex" Notepad++ can "eat" 80MB text files for breakfast...
Therefore simplicity has nothing to do with stability...

bigron1 wrote :
Maybe I should have said Traktor but it has extremely limited capabilities.

That's funny, because according to our research (and the general perception as well) Traktor currently is the less stable program between the three (VirtualDJ/Serato/Traktor)

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:27 pm
Phantom unlike you I'm out there doing my job whilst you want proof.
Excuse me but the variation in screen hardware is enormous.
Just getting multiple screens working can be hard, and video splitting units can be temperamental.
Stay with your scripts and programming.
I've got to make things work.

Any internet connection can "lag" causing a pause in what should happen while the program awaits data.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:37 pm
But what has multiple monitor support and internet connections got to do with this thread?

That is a Windows issue and absolutely nothing to do with the subject.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:41 pm
Were talking about the perception of VDJ, why do people avoid, and belittle it.
It's difficult to use to best advantage, and many DJ's run away from the complexity, or perhaps they don't need it. How many DJ's want to get their hands dirty doing scripting? That's not easy.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:50 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Phantom unlike you I'm out there doing my job whilst you want proof.
Excuse me but the variation in screen hardware is enormous.
Just getting multiple screens working can be hard, video splitting units can be temperamental.
Stay with your scripts and programming.
I've got to make things work.

Do you actually know what I'm doing or how and where I'm working ?
Or you're just speculating again ?

And if I say that I use XXX machine with XXX software doing XXX stuff without any issues, does it prove anything ?
Unlike you, I don't claim things that I can't back up.

Also I don't insult nor attack people.
You can keep talking your usual BS but remember that these are the Atomix boards, that using them is a privilege, and that for that privilege to stay you need to follow the same rules as everybody else.
Being disrespectful towards others is not one of the things we tolerate.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:50 pm
I expect respect from the people here which I often don't get. You can try and bully Phantom..yes it's your ball. You can take it home.. but I expect you to be more of a man than that.

And if I say that I use XXX machine with XXX software doing XXX stuff without any issues, does it prove anything ?
Unlike you, I don't claim things that I can't back up.

I'm out there doing it..I don't know who's going to have what type of hardware, or how many. It's not about proof..it's about what works.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:55 pm
Ron, you don't get respect because you talk crap and hijack threads.

George is not bullying you, he's stating the rules of the forum as a Senior member of Atomix staff.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 1:59 pm
You seem to just want to get me off this forum Kradcliffe. You always stir things up and provoke further problems.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 2:03 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
bigron1 wrote :
You always stir things up and provoke further problems.

Bigron IMHO you are the guilty one.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 2:48 pm
36%