Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Deezer browse - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Using VDJ8 home version, I don't have the ability to browse all the music on Deezer. I can only see any play list I have created, other than that I can search by typing in a song and clicking search. Is this different on the Pro version? I would like to be able to browse.

geposted Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 11:03 pm
You need a Pro license to use the Deezer plugin.

geposted Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 11:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
None of the Audio/Video Providers (iDJPool, VJPro, Pulselocker, Deezer etc) offers a "Full" list with the millions of tracks they offer. This is regardless the license you have (or not)
If you want to see further details about their Catalogs, you will need to visit their websites
Deezer : https://www.deezer.com/en/ (claims offering 43 million tracks)

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 12:17 am
Cool, thanks guys:)

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 6:12 am
kradcliffe wrote :

Not true. Deezer is available for all users.

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 2:26 pm
I'm not logged in on my test machine and Deezer just doesn't even appear as an option?

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 2:34 pm
You need to be logged in for Deezer to appear. you can try creating a new account (without your Pro license) and double-check.

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 2:36 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
djdad wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

Not true. Deezer is available for all users.

Its not working without pro license in Sweden.

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 6:47 pm
Let me clarify,
I can see Deezer in the folder tree.
When I click on it, it expands to reveal only the playlists I have created in my Deezer account.
I can also search the Deezer library by typing in a song title or artist in the search box on the browser.
However what I can't do is see any other folders other than my own playlists in the folder tree when I expand the Deezer folder.
Like when we used to have Spotify in VDJ, you would have a browse folder allowing you to browse genres, and see all the spotify playlists etc.
But I am thinking that it is just the difference between Spotify and Deezer. I just had a look at both on my PC and it seem the 2 are much different like that.
I am only new to Deezer, trialling it at present, but have been using Spotify for years.
So far my impression is that Spotify if far superior, in many ways.

So the answer to my question is, it's a Deezer thing, that's as good as it gets when browsing Deezer.

Be good if Atomix could get Spotify back on board.

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 9:08 pm
Kenny Speed wrote :

Be good if Atomix could get Spotify back on board.

It's not Atomix and it's not Spotify that cause the issue
The record companies told Spotify to stop the VDJ integration

geposted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 9:29 pm
Ohhh, Bummer!

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 9:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Deezer also has various playlists, and you can find and follow them on the website or Deezer app.
Once followed they should show up in VirtualDJ as well.

There is indeed no search functionality for playlists within vdj yet, but that was not available for Spotify either.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 9:56 am
Adion wrote :
Deezer also has various playlists, and you can find and follow them on the website or Deezer app.
Once followed they should show up in VirtualDJ as well.

True. That's what I do.
My Deezer lists looks like this at the moment, and none of the playlist are my own. I just follow them:

geposted Tue 31 Oct 17 @ 10:01 am
Hey Klausmogensen, if you select one of those playlist in your browser, do tracks actually appear that you can play?

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 8:53 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Hey Klausmogensen, if you select one of those playlist in your browser, do tracks actually appear that you can play?

Yes. Download (drag and drop or click controller buttons) and play:

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 9:07 am
Did you populate these playlist, or just selected "Hits of the 80s & 90s", and it was already populated with these songs?

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 8:50 pm
Thanks for the tips Adion & Klaus!

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 10:31 pm
Did you populate these playlist, or just selected "Hits of the 80s & 90s", and it was already populated with these songs?

I went through the most popular public playlists, and picked the ones I like
Some of them stays pretty much the same - like the ones with old hit's in them
Some of them, like the top 40s, the person responsible for the playlists populates every week/month
If I need a list it to stay the same I can create and populate my own playlist - but I don't use online catalogs for that

geposted Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 9:44 am
Klausmogensen, thanks for this tip. This just gave me a way to listen to new music that others are playing.

geposted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 5:52 am
Klausmogensen, thanks for this tip. This just gave me a way to listen to new music that others are playing.

Cool.
Deezer should also have Shazam integration (like Spotify), but I've never been able to figure out how to mirror my Shazam searches to a playlist (which would then also be available in VDJ).
If you can figure that out, please let me know

geposted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 7:29 am
67%