Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Visual C++ runtime error

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys - I've just started getting a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error when I close VDJ on both my machines...

The desktop is running version 3967 (latest??) on Windows 7, the laptop gig machine is running version 3573 on Windows 10.

The machine I use for the gig has never been online, I simply sync selected folders from the desktop each week to get new tunes / playlists transferred. It's used for nothing else, so I can't figure out what's causing the error. It (so far) only happens when I close the application at the end of a session.

Reluctant to run the installer for the new version on the laptop and risk a crash, especially as the same error is occuring on the desktop too.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Neil

geposted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 11:22 pm
Update:

Still getting this crash alert. I've uninstalled VDJ on the desktop machine and reinstalled it. Still getting that error.

If it's relevant, the audio settings don't write back although sampler changes are saved.

I have slide show set as the no music video option, the folder just contains JPG files and all are valid pictures.
The videofx button keeps reverting to EssentialMedia - If I change that it reverts back to EssentialMedia on crash.

If I try to change the videofx while a song is playing, VDJ shuts down.

Is there a file it's trying to write settings back to that's become corrupt? And if so which one would that be?

Any thoughts gratefully received

geposted Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 7:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to rename settings.xml in Documents\VirtualDJ, this holds all your settings.

geposted Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 7:30 pm
Adion wrote :
You can try to rename settings.xml in Documents\VirtualDJ, this holds all your settings.

You hero!!

Renamed it so a new one was created and so far it hasn't crashed. THANK YOU

In the old days I'd have done that in an ini file... I hoped it would be something like that but didn't want to completely f**k it up without a steer.

Have a beer on me!

geposted Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 9:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)