Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beatlock while looping - Pitch reset not working for right deck

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

When even i do BPM changes i used to do a loop on one deck and slowly adjust pitch to get close to the next song i am playing before i drop it or mix it in. this works most of the time :)... however i did find the beatlock function useful recently, however if i loop the left deck lets say running at 70 bpm, and then the next song is at lets say 90bpm what i do is loop both tracks at 70 bpm and hit the pitch reset button on the 90 bpm track to slowly bring both to 90. this works if i hit the pitch reset button on the left deck, but the right deck same scenario the pitch reset button doesn't work at all if its in this scenario. but stand along the pitch reset work on that deck.

Step 1 : loop 70 or any bpm song on the left deck, beatlock on for both decks
Step 2 : loop 90 bpm or any track lower or higher bpm than left deck synced to 70 bpm in this case
Step 3: Click on pitch reset on right deck (90bpm) song the feature doesn't work. if you click again or double click the pitch resets but not gradually, it jumps to 90. i need it to gradually get to 90 bpm in this case.

if the process was followed and you hit the pitch reset on the left deck the function works and both song will gradually hit 90bpm

geposted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 1:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try using beat_lock only in the out going deck.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 3:04 pm
locodog wrote :
Try using beat_lock only in the out going deck.

so you mean only on the right deck and see?

geposted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 5:54 pm
The track you are mixing out of.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 7:12 pm
locodog wrote :
The track you are mixing out of.

very interesting it did work when i kept beatlock on on the left deck only. thanks for the tip.

but isnt this still a bug when both side the beatlock is on the right deck pitch reset has this problem?

geposted Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 11:03 pm
I wouldn't say so,

Maybe masterdeck comes into play, maybe the order you turn beat_lock on comes into play.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 12:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you dont scratch (beatlock provides sync even when scratching) then i would suggest to use the global pitch_lock action instead of the per-deck beat_lock.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 1:37 pm
djdad wrote :
If you dont scratch (beatlock provides sync even when scratching) then i would suggest to use the global pitch_lock action instead of the per-deck beat_lock.

Thanks well I only need this when I do genre or big tempo changes.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 1:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Was indeed a bug, will be fixed in the next update

geposted Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 5:54 pm
Adion wrote :
Was indeed a bug, will be fixed in the next update

oh wow.. thanks.. i feel like i made a difference rather than annoying people.. lol

geposted Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 5:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)