Forum: Old versions

Use this forum if you are still using an old version like VirtualDJ 7.

NOTE: VirtualDJ 7 is not maintained anymore.
Topic: Virtual Dj 7
I just bought a new controller but it only works for 10 mins before being shut off so I want to ask how can I buy a license for virtual DJ 7?

geposted Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 1:56 pm
You need a version 8 full Pro license then you also get a code for version 7. This won't work with monthly subscription.

Version 7 Is deprecated anyway so not sure why you would want to use it?

If it's just for home use you can get a version 8 controller licence for that specific unit far cheaper.

geposted Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 2:28 pm
@Mike, you won't be able to use the controller for any longer in VDJ 7 either. That also had a 10 minute limit for unlicensed users.

Plus, if it's a new controller then it won't be supported in VDJ 7 anyway, as development has stopped.

geposted Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 5:49 pm
if I have a limited edition code for my numark controller that came with it. will mine controller work with the VDJ 8? i'm afraid to buy the full VDJ 8 version, since I tried to use the limited edition code on the VDJ 8 and it said it was only support with VDJ 7. I'm confuse, if anyone went through this already, some help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

geposted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 5:30 am
Well it looks like you bought a Pro license already, but to answer your question - only certain controllers that came with VDJ 7 LE qualify for a free upgrade to VDJ 8 LE. In most cases if you want VDJ 8 you need to buy a license.

geposted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 4:25 pm