Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: TouchDAW Midi device recognized and active but no effect on software

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I'm testing controller options to decide if I want to buy a full license.

I've installed TouchDAW on my android tablet, and connected it to my windows 10 computer through rtpMIDI successfully.

In VDJ 8 settings > controller, I'm able to see the MIDI input of TouchDaw, say 0-BUTTON42, and map it to an action for testing purpose, say "deck 1 play_pause".

I know this action works as I tested it as a custom button, but when assigned to my TouchDaw button, it doesn't trigger in the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

geposted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 4:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
what if you map it as .. loop 1 ? Does it work ?
Are the buttons work as momentary (x7F while button is down and x00 when released) or toggle (first press sends x7F, second press sends x00 and so on) ?
You could use MIDIOX (Google it) to see what kind of MIDI notes you get)

Also keep in mind that you will need a license to use any custom device or Hardware. But you should be able to test for 10 mins on each restart.

geposted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:07 am
Thank you for your message.

>> what if you map it as .. loop 1 ? Does it work ?

I also tried "loop 1" and "loop". These commands both work as custom buttons, but give no result through the tablet & TouchDAW.

>> Are the buttons work as momentary (x7F while button is down and x00 when released) or toggle (first press sends x7F, second press sends x00 and so on) ?

It looks like these are normal button that deactivate on release.

>> You could use MIDIOX (Google it) to see what kind of MIDI notes you get)

Yes, the two virtual buttons I've been trying to map come out as F# and G. They both send an "off" message on release.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:02 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)