Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New Public Build? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

newmskiHome userMember since 2005
Hi, this isn't a tech issue I know, I was just wondering when the new public build was going to be released.
I bought a new Denon MC4000 controller a couple of weeks ago, works absolutely fine with Virtual DJ, though I had a half price code for the other sw that was advertised on the box, but nah, I'm sticking with the best and what I know that works!

geposted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 10:19 pm
There isn't even a pre release build at present.

Why do you need a new build out of curiosity if everything works fine?

geposted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 10:39 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
There isn't even a pre release build at present.

Why do you need a new build out of curiosity if everything works fine?

I was just curious to know when a new one would be, as I like to just update to the public build instead of the pre-release build, as it would have been tested and used numerous times and the green light then given...

But keeping with the build I'm using at the moment is fine.

Keep up the good work though! Still the better software to use :)

geposted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 11:51 pm

Damn, for the first time in a while, had major issues with version 3967 on Staurday night (10th Feb).
Every 2 songs, it'd stop for a second, then carry on.
Was like that from 10pm til I finished playin at 3am.
Did 3 reboots during the evening, luckily had my tablet to use as backup (with splitter cable so still had use of 2 decks!)
Had a spinny wheel pop up when each time it happened.
Brand new Denon MC4000 controller, tried 2 diff usb cables, 1 that came with, and previous one I used on my old Numark Mixtrack Pro 2.
Using external Seagate 3tb drive as have music/video on there, but that is only 4 months old.
Laptop is a HP 15-ba043na model, AMD a12 quadcore cpu, 8 gig ram, 2tb hdd etc.
However, I looked thru the event logs for the eve as there were no error logs for VirtualDJ, and found a few: Error Event ID 37: which refers to: 'The speed of processor x in group y is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for z seconds since the last report' - which seemed to co-incide with the times of the songs stuttering.
I'm now in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch and then test Virtual DJ again with the Denon MC4000 and Seagate external hdd and will advise of results.
Just wondering if anyone who has had issues with songs pausing on Windows 10 Home 64bit, check the Windows event logs under: control panel, admin tools, event viewer, windows logs (click on the drop down) then system, see if you have had any: Error Event ID 37 show up in there (it'll show as below).

geposted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 8:07 pm
A quick Google tells me that it's related to power saving settings. Have you configured (optimised) your PC for DJ use?

Reinstalling Windows won't help, as it'll probably be set by default to save power. You need to go through your PC config and make sure everything is set so that your PC has maximum power at all times.

geposted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:57 pm
Including stopping USB hubs and ports shutting down to save power too.

geposted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 10:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
A quick Google tells me that it's related to power saving settings. Have you configured (optimised) your PC for DJ use?

Reinstalling Windows won't help, as it'll probably be set by default to save power. You need to go through your PC config and make sure everything is set so that your PC has maximum power at all times.

Hey, thanks for the info, but I did run thru the config, followed the guide on here to optimize, inc the usb ports etc. That's one of the first things I did.

I've now since updated to the latest build, tested it out for a short while yesterday (Wednesday 14th) and seemed to hold up. I'll report any further details if it does glitch again when testing tomorrow again for a larger amout of time.

Thanks though for the reply.

geposted Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 10:19 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Including stopping USB hubs and ports shutting down to save power too.

Hey, thanks for the reply. That's one of the first things I did do when installing windows afresh previously.
But... I think it may be down to that Spectre patch that Microsoft put out as they have now updated it, and have the new build installed of windows 10 home x64, as of 14th Feb and will test further tomorrow (Friday)

Thanks again though for your advice.

geposted Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 10:22 pm
Further update, have now Windows 10 home 1709 build: 16299.248 installed as of last Thursday, used VirtualDJ (same build I had previous) and had only 1 glitch/pause all evening on Saturday 17th Feb, so it was possibly down to a Windows update being installed previously. So, fingers crossed!

geposted Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 10:09 pm
Don't install Windows 10 updates. Simple as that.

geposted Tue 20 Feb 18 @ 10:11 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Don't install Windows 10 updates. Simple as that.

Yes, I'll try not to! But with Windows 10, updates get installed atomatically, there's no option to cancel them like on Windows 7 or 8/8.1
Though I managed to download a tool to put off certain updates from being installed, which was produced by Microsoft, they could then be hidden until a later time (wushowhide.diagcab)

Is everything ok though with Atomix as it has been a while since the last public build and also the pre-release builds? or are they changing the structure of VirtualDJ like they did from version 7 to version 8?

geposted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 6:17 pm
Just go in to services and disable Windows Update Service. That kills it stone dead.

Atomix don't announce future features or an update schedule. It's been like that forever. Nothing to worry about.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 6:18 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Just go in to services and disable Windows Update Service. That kills it stone dead.

Atomix don't announce future features or an update schedule. It's been like that forever. Nothing to worry about.

Ah yes, may do that instead! Thanks!

You have the Denon MC6000? How do you find that?
Still getting used to my Denon MC4000, but the sound is quite clear and more depth to it than the Numark Mixtrack Pro2 I had, but the Mixtrack Pro 2 is still a good controller. InMusic produce both the Denon and the Numark though!

Thanks again for your quick reply!

geposted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 6:30 pm
Yeah, I still have the MC6000 but only use it now and again for specific gigs. Still a great controller, one of the best ever apart from the problems with the switches.

I'm using the Denon MCX8000 for my club gigs and the Numark DJ2GO2 for pubs. It's very good for £69.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 6:39 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Yeah, I still have the MC6000 but only use it now and again for specific gigs. Still a great controller, one of the best ever apart from the problems with the switches.

I'm using the Denon MCX8000 for my club gigs and the Numark DJ2GO2 for pubs. It's very good for £69.

Cool! I may have a look into getting the DJ2GO2 as a small back up, to fit into the laptop case I have (Samsonite Monaco).
The case I have for the 4000 is a Skeleton case, with that protective foam inside it.
Be a while yet before I upgrade from the MC4000! But in the past, I used to use the Denon twin cd players, from 1995 (DN-200F) upto 2013 (DN-4500) after going from the good old Technics.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 6:55 pm
Well, I had a few issues again still last Saturday, where the audio paused slightly but not as many times as before. Around 8 all evening.

kradcliffe, I saw one of your earlier posts, you was using the MC6000 with wasapi instead of the Denon asio drivers, I'm going to try that with the MC4000 see if that does work. Would you recommned that method?

I did notice actually, when I first loaded Virtual DJ with the controller attached on Saturday, the waveforms were better, not jumpy. That was because the output was set to Realtek instead of the Denon, as I'd swapped usb ports for the Denon to try.

When I set the MC4000 as the correct output, the waveforms started to be jumpy onscreen again whilst just playing audio files.
Going to experiment though, try a few things before Saturday.

geposted Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 3:42 pm
Wasapi works well. The Denon ASIO drivers are very temperamental. they will be fine on one PC but horrific on another.

The waveform problem more points to an issue with graphics drivers however.

geposted Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 3:57 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Wasapi works well. The Denon ASIO drivers are very temperamental. they will be fine on one PC but horrific on another.

The waveform problem more points to an issue with graphics drivers however.

Ok thanks, I'll try the wasapi ones this week see how it goes. Thanks again for the quick response too!

geposted Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 4:14 pm
Just literally chatted with someone at Atomix / VDJ, they are working on the build, a continuation of Virtual DJ 8, as I thought they may be doing a rebuild like that of from version 7 to 8 (I decided to ask). They advised it is taking a little while longer than usual for the update but nothing more than that.

But I will try the wasapi audio drivers this week for my Denon MC4000.

geposted Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 4:38 pm
@KRadcliffe - I've been using the wasapi drivers for the last 2 Saturdays, and they do work better. The first night using them, I had 3 glitches during the night, last Saturday, 1 glitch just at the start of the night, but worked a lot better after that. So think I'll be sticking to the wasapi drivers when using the mc4000, but thanks for your previous advice in relation to the MC4000. Using the version 3967 still of Virtual DJ as that seems fine with audio/video.

I got in contact with Denon to see if any update for the asio or new firmware, they sent me an email with the links to the versions I already have.. advised them though of that, but no update planned yet.

geposted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 1:53 pm
91%