Forum: VirtualDJ 8.2 Technical Support

Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ 8.2.
Forum Guidelines

(NOTE: VirtualDJ 8.2 is continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)
Topic: Trouble with the Cues, Grid, Keys in VDJ 8
Hello and good weekend,
Im having trouble with the transfer from virtual 7 -> virtual 8
In the new software I saw that almost all off my Cues , grids and keys have been changed,
-The cues is a bit to the left/right
-The grid is not where it supposed to be.
-The keys have been changed also,
For example a song that was on virtual 7 f#m is now Cm

I have thousands of songs I managed (Cue&grid arrange) in Virtual 7 , I don’t think that I need to handle it again and the transfer should be smooth as possible,
Any ideas?
Maybe XML upgrade or something?

Thanks, Chen

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 11:20 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The structure of the db between 7 and 8 has changed a lot.
Also the position of the Cue points (in 7 it was middle of a CBG point, in 8 it is at the left of CBG point) have changed and the analysing engine has changed twice.

So if your Cues and grids are way off or you just want them to be different you have to change them all manually.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 1:57 pm
PachN wrote :
The structure of the db between 7 and 8 has changed a lot.
Also the position of the Cue points (in 7 it was middle of a CBG point, in 8 it is at the left of CBG point) have changed and the analysing engine has changed twice.

This is the only problem VDJ doesnt get right. It was a lot of back and forth about beat grid not being aligned right because they didnt understand the count and how to deal with the downbeat. One discussion was about a bar starting on 1 and not 0. Also understanding its the front side of the transient mark that starts the 1 (downbeat).

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 4:07 pm