Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Trouble with the Cues, Grid, Keys in VDJ 8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello and good weekend,
Im having trouble with the transfer from virtual 7 -> virtual 8
In the new software I saw that almost all off my Cues , grids and keys have been changed,
-The cues is a bit to the left/right
-The grid is not where it supposed to be.
-The keys have been changed also,
For example a song that was on virtual 7 f#m is now Cm

I have thousands of songs I managed (Cue&grid arrange) in Virtual 7 , I don’t think that I need to handle it again and the transfer should be smooth as possible,
Any ideas?
Maybe XML upgrade or something?

Thanks, Chen

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 11:20 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The structure of the db between 7 and 8 has changed a lot.
Also the position of the Cue points (in 7 it was middle of a CBG point, in 8 it is at the left of CBG point) have changed and the analysing engine has changed twice.

So if your Cues and grids are way off or you just want them to be different you have to change them all manually.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 1:57 pm
PachN wrote :
The structure of the db between 7 and 8 has changed a lot.
Also the position of the Cue points (in 7 it was middle of a CBG point, in 8 it is at the left of CBG point) have changed and the analysing engine has changed twice.

This is the only problem VDJ doesnt get right. It was a lot of back and forth about beat grid not being aligned right because they didnt understand the count and how to deal with the downbeat. One discussion was about a bar starting on 1 and not 0. Also understanding its the front side of the transient mark that starts the 1 (downbeat).

geposted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 4:07 pm
dexstarPRO InfinityMember since 2007
VDJ support.
This is still an issue and has been in all releases (on and off) I am using 2021 and the issue still persists. See attached where the Main anchor is off by 2 beats.
If I use the BPM editor to set the first beat, can you please explain how to obtain the granularity required in the editor to adjust the waveform. There are some new features required here;

1 - Master Beat is set by cue point (like the old days)
2 - The Play line in the BPM editor needs to snap to the alignment point, so you can preview from where you set the anchor. (The green line in image 2)

If there is a better way to set the first beat, please let me know.
Oter software such as algoriddum does not seem to suffer this same problem, so I often have to use that for some sets, but is missing the years of development that VDJ has.

geposted Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 1:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the default pro skin, there are 2 buttons to shift the beat grid by exactly one beat, so that the fine automatic detection is preserved.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/trackinfo.html#pro

Alternatively, use TAP 4 beats while the track is playing will do the same, it will move the first beat to the first beat you tapped, while preserving finer detail.

The BPM Editor also has 2 buttons to move the grid by one beat:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/bpmeditor.html

If you need finer control in the bpm editor, you can zoom the wave using scroll wheel.

geposted Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 6:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)