Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-RX2 or Pioneer DDJ-1000

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

First of all I would like to thank everyone that had anything to do with the new update great job you guys I see that you all put in a lot of work. I know some of you all may have a bad opinion of me but I do love the program I've been using it for the last 15 years of my life. So once again I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work.

I'm looking for a little guidance and help with this. For me this is a hard choice because both controllers meet my standards for what I would like in
a controller.

I guess my first concern would be the onboard effects if I'm understanding things correctly the rx2 has Standalone effects no matter if you're using software or separate hardware is this true? The DDJ 1000 effects are only separate if you are using Standalone Hardware without software running except for rekordbox is this true?

My next concern would be how much information from Virtual DJ is displayed on the rx2 scream. I know sometimes there can be limitations just trying to find out if there are any. Does the DDJ 1000 have any screen limitations as far as Virtual DJ goes?

P.S please note that I'm not trying to be negative and anyway this topic
will help me and probably someone else to make a educated purchase thanks

geposted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 3:11 pm
audio000 wrote :

I guess my first concern would be the onboard effects if I'm understanding things correctly the rx2 has Standalone effects no matter if you're using software or separate hardware is this true?

No.
When you use software (Rekordbox Dj or VirtualDJ) the effects are software.
When you use external sources the effects are hardware

audio000 wrote :

The DDJ 1000 effects are only separate if you are using Standalone Hardware without software running except for rekordbox is this true?

No.
The effects are always software (even with hardware sources) unless you don't run ANY software with it.

audio000 wrote :

My next concern would be how much information from Virtual DJ is displayed on the rx2 scream. I know sometimes there can be limitations just trying to find out if there are any. Does the DDJ 1000 have any screen limitations as far as Virtual DJ goes?

Screens of both controllers are fully supported. This means that VirtualDJ can (and will) show all information supported by the controller.
The screens between the 2 controllers differ on what they are capable to display. Generally speaking you will get much more information out of XDJ-RX2 screen than from DDJ-1000 screen.
But both screens are supported up to 100% of their abilities.

geposted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 3:22 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

From a performance perspective the DDJ-1000 is superior for me, as well as being slightly more portable. The RX2 only has one ace up its sleeve over the DDJ-1000 and that's the ability to play from sticks. In the event of a crash you'd be much happier with an RX2, the rest of the time I think you'd be happier with the DDJ-1000.

geposted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 5:51 pm
Thank you all

Long time bro happy to see you still around..

I think I'm going with the DDJ 1000 since no matter what I'm going to be
using software effects. For me either controller would only be used with
Virtual DJ so the onboard effects are no longer a factor for me. The screen
is 100% supported that's awesome but the most important thing for me is the
layout of the controller

geposted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 6:04 pm
I have also considered both these units. Depends on what is important to you really. Build quality the rx2 feels professional and solid the ddj feels like a toy. The peak meters are tiny on the ddj and it also does not have the parameter volume adjuster for the colour sound effects, you can get around this by launching the effects on a spare channel and use the volume fader etc. The rx2 does not support DVS and the jog wheels are a disappointment.

I am therefore considering a ddj RZ.

geposted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 6:21 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
stevejotom wrote :
Build quality the rx2 feels professional and solid the ddj feels like a toy. The peak meters are tiny on the ddj

The peak meters look sufficient to me and to say it feels like a toy is a slight exaggeration. It's designed to be portable, so it's lighter, but it's solid enough unless you're planning on using it in a war zone.

geposted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 10:33 pm
So pioneer ddj1000 is now compatible with vdj 8?

geposted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 1:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes it is.

geposted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 9:19 am
Hey sorry still a bit confused about how the DDJ-1000 FX work with VirtualDJ. Say the selector is set to deck 2. Would the FX on deck 2 be VirtualDJ's FX or the native FX on the unit itself? Another way of saying it - is the controller simply mapped to use VirtualDJ's FX, or are the Pioneer hardware FX coming into play?

Thanks!

geposted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 5:37 pm
Midi control of vdj software effects

geposted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:09 pm
Cool thx. Do external hardware inputs run through VDJs FX too? What about best detection in that case? I imagine it's just on you to make sure the external source is matched to the master tempo.

Thanks!

geposted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you run the inputs through the decks (add line inputs to audio config and click line in button on the deck) then you will get beat detection as well.

geposted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:29 pm
Wow that's awesome. I'm new to VDJ so I'm still learning. Unbelievable that it has beat detection for inputs!

geposted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:48 pm
I just sent back a Denon MC7000 i wound not work with the set up i have . I now want a pioneer ddj-1000 . My complete system will be Asus Republic of gamers laptop with 16 gigs of ram with a I7 7th gen op system . will this set up work and will all effects work and no skipping this time?

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 9:40 am
will all of the ddj 1000 effects work as well with virtual dj8 ?

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 9:43 am
user18318223 wrote :
will all of the ddj 1000 effects work as well with virtual dj8 ?

As I undestand it: It depends on how you look at it

The DDJ-1000 has onboard hardware effects. that work when you use it as a stand-alone mixer with hardware players, but without software
But when you use it with DJ software it shifts into using software effects instead

So when you open Rekordbox DJ you will no longer be using the hardware effects from the DDJ-1000, but instead be using software effects from Rekordbox

It's the same when you open Virtual DJ. It will then be using software effects from Virtual DJ - these may of course sound different both the DDJ-1000 hardware effects and the Rekordbox DJ software effects

But the software effects will still be controlled from the effects section on the controller

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 10:29 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)