Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any ideas on how to help with my backspin? DDJ-SR

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, so I currently have a reloop terminal mix 2 (which i'll be comparing this to) and my ddj-sr.

First off, I love my TM2, but its aging and buttons are starting not to work, etc. The one thing that really sold me on this controller (for traveling) was the jog wheels. Now I use my DDJ-SR for destination gigs, and I love it just as much, but for other reasons.

The one major complaint I have about the DDJ-SR is the jogwheels. When I try to back spin, its as if they were deigned to stay completely still.

Let me give an example.

On my TM2, I can give it a good ol back spin, and the jog wheel will spin until its own weight stops it from spinning (sounding very simiilar to a record, imho). However, on the DDJ-SR, when I give it a good spin, its like someone put the brakes on, and the platter just halts to a stop, giving any backspin actions I do a very 'synthetic' sound, which I HATE.

I've tried to research on vinyl settings in the VDJ settings, but changing a handful of variables hasn't gotten me where I want to be.

I'm looking for some suggestions?

PS, I even tried to tape some pennies to the platter just now, to act as a counter weight, to maybe give it more velocity, but that didn't do a darn thing :-/

Thanks for any input!

geposted Wed 21 Mar 18 @ 8:56 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Try to search for this and give it a try with the settings...

geposted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 5:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even with that ^ setting to a lower value, you wont have the same results like the TM. Its mostly related to how lose or tight the Jogwheels are, and on the DDJ-RR (and most of DDJ- units) they are quite tight to allow you performing long backspins.

geposted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 5:49 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
It was a prt sc from My settings, and I dont need that backspin effect you would like, try to change the settings on your own..

geposted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 5:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)