Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Need scripting help; starting a repeat on-beat

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey guys, I'm working on the scratch pad I uploaded last year; tweaking the script, adding features, and making general improvements. One feature I have been working on since I hit a brick wall last year is scripting the trans effect (see script below) I wrote so that the cuts start on-beat, and possibly stay on-beat(as the cuts tend to drift off-beat after the script runs for longer than about 10 seconds).

Here is the script for the transform;

"pad_param2 & down ? get_var '$trans4' & param_cast 'ms' & repeat_start 'transrep' & level 100% ? level 1% : level 100% : repeat_stop 'transrep' & level 100% & masterdeck_auto on"

The pad_param2 is just a master deck BPM call, a little math, and setting various variables to get the transform buttons to cut on 1/8 beat, 1/4 beat, and 1/2 beat. The problem is that if you don't press the button within a few MS of a beat it sounds terrible; especially on slower BPM beats. So I'm looking for a way to script in a "beat watch" function that will begin looking at the masterdeck beatgrid as soon as the button is pressed, and wait until the masterdeck grid is on-beat (and/or half-beat) to run the script above and begin the transform cuts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have been stuck on this for months. Thanks.

DJ Zero

geposted Wed 21 Mar 18 @ 11:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)