Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Can I use a small amount of washing up liquid and warm water to clean vinyl ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can I use a small amount of washing up liquid and warm water to clean vinyl ? If I use a microfibre cloth then a vinyl brush and velvet pad when they are dry ?

geposted Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 10:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
For really crusty records Luke warm water and only a tiny amount of wu liquid, wipe in circles, rinse with water.
Stick in a draining rack.

For less crusty or to give the best clean to water washed records use a very pure lighter fluid.

geposted Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 3:59 pm
May I offer you a little advice? These are very basic and simple questions. Google and YouTube offer a wealth of information, that is readily available. Doing the research yourself, will give you a greater sense of accomplishment, I know it does for me. You will also have more options right there, from more sources. WD40 is a well accepted cleaner and lubricant of vinyl, after using water. Water leaves residue, and some places the water is downright disgusting. If you do a little research, you will find vinyl cleaning solutions and products, good luck.

geposted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 12:33 am
I appreciate your advice and tips and answer, I really just wanted to get a few suggestions off many different members who really know, have longevity in maintaining vinyl collections and know the best techniques, thanks though much appreciated.

geposted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 5:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A Man and His Music wrote :
Water leaves residue, and some places the water is downright disgusting.

Distilled water FTW.
Not a problem over my way, softwater, pH 5.7, great for washing records & brewing tea, cheers!

Edit WD eugh

geposted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 6:28 pm
nice one. much appreciated , thanks

geposted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 6:41 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)