Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Old Roland MIDI Keyboard re-purposing.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'd like to take a jump to a new musical level and get into production. I'm attempting to re-purpose an old Roland Keyboard that I just connected to my PC with a MIDI to USB converter cable.

It works OK as I tested it with MIDI-OX. I hear simple sounds. I'd like to get into the complex.

I'm guessing I need to buy a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). I'm not sure if I want to pay $1100 for one. Anybody have a good recommendation on a decent DAW that isn't crazy expensive?

And can I use this keyboard with Virtual DJ? It connects and I can see key presses come across as "Buttons" and "Sliders". I will have to spend more time figuring out how to program. This keyboard has NO sliders just keys. Can I map functions like sound effects and samples to these keys?

Thanks,

Jimmy

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 7:06 am
Check out www.magix.com who have a selection of music making apps, from free to pro level.

They are now the company behind Acid Pro (it was previously Sony), and they've just released version 8 after many years of it lying dormant.

Something like their Music Maker software might suit you.

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 7:18 am
Thank You Sir. I'll check it out.

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 8:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
FL Studio is good as well, although probably a bit higher learning curve than music maker.

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 8:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The keys will have velocity, a measure of how hard they are pressed therefore vdj sees them as sliders.

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 12:16 pm
I use too a Old Roland E35 MIDI Synthesizer with a USB to Midiinterfacecable with Magix Musikmaker 2014.

All works perfekt but when you will Official Produce a Track with the Files from Magix,
that are Not allowed for this .

Search long Time for a free DAW ,that works perfect with this all too,but have no Luck to find the right DAW for Me.

With VDJ i have Not test that the MIDI Keyboard work as a Controller,think yes ,but use for this my AA VMS2.
Think for a Lightingcontrollsoftware that is better to work,with the MIDI Keyboard.

Greatings,Dirk

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 11:55 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)