Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multi BPM detection

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I've only just noticed that this was implemented, as I stumbled across it by accident in the "BPM editor" - I scanned a bunch of transition edits I've made, and wow the detection is spot on.

Another great (hidden?) feature of VDJ.

geposted Sun 13 May 18 @ 6:50 pm
not hidden. they had that in there a bunch of builds back

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 12:02 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
not hidden. they had that in there a bunch of builds back

I know as I was one of the main people asking for it, but I didn't know it was implemented so well, I thought you had to set manual markers etc, but to find it scans it automatically and re-aligns the beatgrid is really cool.

It's hidden in that it's not accessible as a first scan (right click) but only if you go into the BPM editor and click on an unnamed circle? Great that it's in there, but it appears like a hidden easter egg.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 1:27 pm
Oh terrific - great promotion from Atomix!

I don't recall even seeing that mentioned in the early access notes.

[goes to try it out]
Failed at the first hurdle though. First beat is in the wrong place. Grid not aligned to beats (wrong tempo). Oh well...

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 4:20 pm
There have been a few things missed from build changelogs which I have questioned and been ignored.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 4:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Quote :
BUILD 3760 (2017-05-30)
-Multi-bpm detection (from BPM Editor, options->re-analyze (multiple bpm))

It is also used automatically when scanning files over 30 minutes.
I believe the limitations have also been discussed before in a topic in the wishes feature.

In it's current state, it is mainly usable for tracks with multiple constant bpm's.
It is not designed for gradually changing or unstable bpm's.
Phrase detection is indeed also missing, so this has to be corrected manually after the scan.

The results for beat position and bpm have been quite very good on many tracks I tested though.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 4:59 pm

Of the 9/10 transition tracks I scanned, VDJ handled them perfectly. As soon as the track hits a new 'constant' BPM, the BPM display updates and the grid is also adjusted, I'm sure it can be optimised further but this is a very good start.

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 1:03 am
I've gotta try this

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 6:39 am
The amount of transition track I have, this will definitely be useful.

I resorted to doing the main ones I user, but got bored after that so gave up. Will give it a go this week.

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 12:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)