Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Merging Databases

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've consolidated music from 3 external drives to one internal drive on my laptop. I would like to merge the databases as well. On my new internal drive, Virtual DJ has created a database file on the C drive, as well as the D partition. Which of these do I copy the database files from my external drives into?
All of the music is in the D partition on the new drive. I've combined music from the other 3 drives into one. Was hoping to use the ReFile plug in to correct the file paths once the databases have been merged.
I have 10 years of gigs between these databases. Way too much to manually correct line by line. Am I going about this the right way? I don't want to lose all that history. Since consolidating the music, my BPM searches don't show what they used to. Same as the "last play" searches. All of that info is missing, and I'd like to get it back.
Thanks for any help offered!

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 8:15 pm
if you had moved the files within VDJ the databases would have merged automatically

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 11:17 pm
I did not. And it takes way too long to do it again. I'm looking for help after the fact. I'm hoping there's a solution.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 11:22 pm
Sadly not. Moving between internal and external drives needs a lot of planning. I have done the opposite to you recently (internal to SSD) and it is doable but needs a bit of work to keep your playlists and history working.

The only way it might work would be to copy the tracks back to the original drives, hope the DB files on them are still there then do a copy accross to the new location.

P.S. Your history should be on the C drive as it's not stored externally, but both that and the playlists will need batch edited to change the drive location of the files.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 11:24 pm
Cableraker wrote :
I did not. And it takes way too long to do it again. I'm looking for help after the fact. I'm hoping there's a solution.

Your best bet (for optimal results) would be to repeat the procedure.

ANY other way will either take longer (as you'll have to do tons of batch edits) or won't provide optimal results (some info will still be missing and most likely you'll get to know that when it's too late / live on a gig)

SO:
If you have the original drives intact, repeat the procedure from within VirtualDJ. It's better to spend 2 maybe 3 days to copy the drives again, rather than spend countless hours to edit the databases without being sure that you didn't left something out.

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 7:27 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)