Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How do I delete the setting.xml and license.dat?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been advised to do this for my Virtual DJ mixer to appear without anomalies.

geposted Sun 20 May 18 @ 12:43 am
windows pc

C:\Users\WHATEVER YOUR USER NAME\Documents\VirtualDJ

I suggest RENAME or Backup the settings.xml.

geposted Sun 20 May 18 @ 12:57 am

geposted Sun 20 May 18 @ 7:06 am
joe_dehoyos wrote :
I've been advised to do this for my Virtual DJ mixer to appear without anomalies.

Please explain why?

geposted Sun 20 May 18 @ 7:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Deleting settings.xml from Documents/VirtualDJ folder is like opening VirtualDJ for the 1st time, meaning that settings will be set to default values, factory mappings for Keyboard and controllers, default skin etc.
This is a common troubleshoot action to see if your issue is due to a setting, a custom skin or a custom mapping.

Not sure why it was suggested to delete the license.dat though. Deleting this file will just prompts you to login to re-validate your license.
However, the above may not work, as VirtualDJ keeps another backup of your license.dat in case you mistakenly delete it while you are offline.
If you want to re-login (delete both the license.dat from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and the backup file), the correct way is to log out from VirtualDJ Settings-->Licenses tab and then login again from the same window.

geposted Sun 20 May 18 @ 10:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)