Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Find all playlist containing a specific song - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi All,
In Traktor you have a function called "Search in playlists", which shows all the playiists which contains a particular song.

Is something similar available in VDJ?

geposted Wed 30 May 18 @ 3:30 pm
Nobody?

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 12:42 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There isn't a built in way to do this.
I'm curious what use this would have ? Other than if you wanted to remove a track from playlists

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 5:04 am
What use?

To easily find out if a track is already in some playlist, without manually searching throughout several playlist
To easily find out which playlists contains a specific track

I used this feature a lot in the pass when I was still using Traktor.

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 6:28 pm
This is not in VirtualDJ despite having been asked for many times.

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 6:55 pm
Use windows search.....

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 12:56 am
I reckon PachN is probably the guy to talk to about this. He already has some playlist utilities, so could presumably add this function to one of them (if indeed it's not there already).

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 5:00 pm
Would be easier if Adion just added a right click "playlist lookup" and it detailed a list of them. Can't see what's so difficult about implementing this since they seem to manage loads of other random functionality.

Would certainly be handy for me as I'm replacing a lot of MP3 files with MP4 and it would be great just to click the MP3 and see which playlists they are a part of.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 5:21 pm
I did have a poke at this, one being a plugin that used explorer, so opens a window external to vdj (abandoned idea)
My other poke/bodge/trial was to get vdj to show playlists in the file window ( in vdj) (again fail) but after some thought if vdj had a database entry for playlists and a "for want of a better word" a contents tag, then i think it would work for both vfolders and playlists.

Now i can see a application, I'll have another prod at it.
But i am hesitent, i don't want to be that clown who's pluging wrecks folks playlists.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 6:00 pm
Thanks,

I have a test machine anyway so go ahead and play :)

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 6:09 pm
I can make a plugin read a playlist/lists for a file name but the the issue is how to get vdj to list it's results, I've a half cut idea,(alcohol and ideas are sketchy bed fellows) but I'm not sure it will work.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 6:32 pm
Cool, thanks.

Not sure why Atomix don't consider this a feature that should be part of the .exe

There's never any feedback on feature requests at all. Some just appear and others get completely ignored.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 6:38 pm
@locodog Windows search is not the same!

In traktor you can right-click on a track en choose search in playlist an you immediately get an overview of all the playlists which contains this track.

After that you can can jump immediately to any of these playlists.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 7:47 pm
@locodog an no you're not a clown :-)

geposted Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 7:49 pm
I've got an idea in human language but there's quite a bit of code I'd need to learn.

I put ideas together with how i know it could be done with slow human interaction, then try make the machine do the same at machine speed.
(just like i do with script)

geposted Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 9:14 pm
Tnx for your effort!!

What is your idea?

geposted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 2:18 pm
User presses a button and all playlists containing the browsed file are copied to a new folder, than vdj goes to this new folder.
I don't have time just yet but I'm working away soon so will have evenings free (if I'm not out drinking)

geposted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 3:16 pm
Any progress?

geposted Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 3:11 pm
Slow

geposted Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 4:30 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
I reckon PachN is probably the guy to talk to about this. He already has some playlist utilities, so could presumably add this function to one of them (if indeed it's not there already).

Wouldn't make any sense to develope such a tool.

As a workaround just use Notepad++ and open all playlists with it.
Now do a search over all open documents and Notepad++ will show you a summary which document is containing the search string.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 8:48 am
74%