Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 30 days with the pioneer DDJ 1000

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello all

After using this unit for over a month now I feel more than confident to answer most questions you all may have about the unit so please feel free to ask any questions you would like

There were a lot of questions regarding the Standalone effects on the unit with my unit the Standalone effects work perfectly fine using with Virtual DJ or rekordbox....

But like I said if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them all. Have a blessed day and forever let your ears hear the beat...

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 7:27 pm
I love the ddj1000 with vdj, but the effectsection is not working 100% with the effects as write on the ddj1000........

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 8:35 pm
sorry but what effects or effect is not working... they sound fine to me but I do admit I use echo flanger and reverb
the most. The only one that I can't hear a difference with is mt delay.

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 9:07 pm
After some more testing I have noticed for me the effects work fine on my
Windows 7 PC but they do not work on my Mac at all as soon as you start
Virtual DJ the effect screen display goes blank but this is not so on my
Windows 7 PC will test on Windows 10 soon. I know it's not supposed to work
all I can say is I'm happy it is working at least on my Windows 7 PC. If
anyone can come up with explanation or reason why this maybe let me know.

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 4:37 am
JORODJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello, No Effect Low Cut Echo, in its place has another effect. Beat Sync is on, but I do not know how to turn it off.

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 12:11 pm

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 1:03 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
audio000 wrote :

There were a lot of questions regarding the Standalone effects on the unit with my unit the Standalone effects work perfectly fine using with Virtual DJ or rekordbox....

The effects are not standalone on the channels assigned to midi, they're software.

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 1:32 pm
Ok so it is absolutely confirmed the hardware effects do not work with virtual dj. They only work in standalone mode, correct?

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 12:38 am
I put a video together to show what I'm talking about, not sure I'm explaining myself right..
If anyone would like to see the video PM me I will send you the video.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 1:47 am
burnyabad wrote :
Ok so it is absolutely confirmed the hardware effects do not work with virtual dj. They only work in standalone mode, correct?

The effects on DDJ-1000 operate by it's firmware (Hardware mode) only if there's no PC application connected and running on it's USB ports.
If an application is running then effects are software controlled for BOTH software and analog audio signals.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 12:25 pm
Okay I think I get it now when I read that the effects did not work I expected it not to work at all
Don't ask me why I thought that but that's what I thought. I thought the effects were going to be map to different part of the controller like I said I don't know why I thought that I just did. Another rereason why I thought this is because on my Mac the effect screen on the controller does not display anything nor does the effects work at all. So I'm having a Mac issue with this controller in my effects. But I get it now and I understand how it's supposed to work now so if I started something or made it more confusing I apologize. If anyone knows the solution to fix this problem on my Mac please posted

Sorry again and thank you all

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 5:31 pm
I hate to say it, but this unit looks great, is cool, but SORRY, hardware effects are more reliable, sound better, and are always there to use with any software/hardware.. EXCEPT for this unit. Nope.. not interested, and trust me, I checked in with the release date for months waiting on this unit. I have a ddj-sz, and am very happy with it. I have hardware effects for any deck or device, and I have software effects with my software.

Pioneer pulled the gimmick trick once again.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 6:05 pm
burnyabad wrote :
hardware effects are more reliable....

They also cost a packet. IMO Pioneer (probably who you mean) charge an absolute fortune for their RMX units. You could buy an entire suite of VST plugins for that money!

Plus we're talking about DJ software and controllers here, not £6000 worth of CDJs and a DJM. Surely with software and controllers it makes sense to run the FX on the computer - as the setup won't work without it anyway.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 6:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Personally I prefer some of the software FX to their hardware equivalent, actually they're all software in 'effect', it's just a matter of which 'computer' is powering them.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 8:40 pm
Any fix for this issue with mac???

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 2:29 pm
What are you asio settings at?

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 3:49 pm
Macs don't use ASIO.

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 5:27 pm
dj5826 wrote :
What are you asio settings at?

I have not yet purchased the DDJ 1000 because of this issue with the effects not working properly and the effect screen not showing the effect parameters .

This is the only reason im stalling the purchase of the DDJ 1000.

So this is why im asking if maybe the issues have been solved with firmware update, VDJ update or new mapping... Even a work around.

Does anyone have any updates or insights to help me ?

Many thanks and i apologise if my English is not so good !

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 8:50 pm
graff93PRO SubscriberMember since 2019
hi wondering if anyone can help me i have been using the ddj 1000 with vd8 for about 4 months now no problem. But recently after some time maybe 10 min or a hour my volume faders and my jog wheels stop working but every other button on the controller works fine thanks you.

geposted Sat 25 May 19 @ 9:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)