Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pitch / EQ / Gain settings saved with track?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi. I'm using Traktor at the moment and have been using it for about a week but am seriously considering changing over to something that can save pitch / EQ / gain metadata with the track. Is Virtual DJ capable of this? If not, can anybody suggest some software which does? It's my top priority right now, seeing as not having to match pitches on the fly would make things a little easier.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 3:33 pm
goodcolHome userMember since 2018
Won't the autoBPMMatch setting do that for you?

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 3:38 pm
Is that a Virtual DJ setting or a Traktor setting? I haven't used Virtual DJ yet, I'm holding off until I know it has the aforementioned capability.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 3:45 pm
As far as I know, there isn't any DJ software that saves pitch and EQ settings for each track.

DJs would normally adjust pitch and EQ on the fly as necessary, and wouldn't want it to be the same every time they played a track.

autoBPMMatch has got nothing to do with it.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 3:56 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
chemeleon wrote :
I'm holding off until I know it has the aforementioned capability.

Why hold off you can trial for free?

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 4:03 pm
Hm. It's a feature I'd love to see (in any DJ software). I like to perfect my sets and I'm just setting out with some hardware - which incidentally is why I haven't used the free trial, no hardware support! Most of my time DJing is spent on EQing / finding the correct pitch. But I'm taking an unconventional approach, maybe it's not something most DJs require...

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 4:43 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
trial gives 10 minutes of hardware support, then you have to restart (it maybe even a little longer than 10 mins)

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 4:46 pm
....or you could pay for a month's Pro subscription.

chemeleon wrote :
maybe it's not something most DJs require...

...for the reasons given above. Usually a track will be played with different tracks either end of it each time it's played, and likely to be played in different rooms, through different speakers, to different amounts of people - so having the same EQ everytime doesn't make much sense.

This ability has been asked for before on the forum, but Atomix has not added it after all these years (8 years is the oldest post I can find that mentions it) so I don't think it's very likely.

As has also been said in those old threads, if a track needs EQ so badly every time it's played......then adjust it in audio editing software and save a new EQed version.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 5:04 pm
Yeah, I do realise my approach isn't ideal, I need to change it. I also produce music but over the years my technique has changed so older tracks need pretty heavy EQing. But for example I created a setlist of some of my 3/4 songs, for that, gain eq and pitch info would have been really useful seeing as they'd be played in the same context every time. I guess I'll give the trial a go, it has native hardware support for my decks so that's good.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 5:58 pm
In my 51 years of playing, my goal has been "not playing the same tracks together", over and over. If that was the case, we would all play mixed tapes at each party. My EQ stays the same all night because it has been my experience, that high quality files, of the same genre will typically sound the same. If you are doing a oldies set, they will sound the same, or the way they are supposed to sound. Yes, I have acquired a lot of remastered and remixes, but 80 year old people want to here the music the way they remember it, not the way some young DJ wants it to sound.

Of course if you want to spend your time trying to get the perfect EQs, You may not have to worry. Your clients can get one of these. I'm sure Equalizing is not their top priority. This looks like my next business.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 8:09 pm
Guess I'll try a different approach. I'm not going to play the same sets over and over but I want to do some studio mixes of my own material. Bear in mind I've only been doing this a week (although I've been producing since I was 14). For normal mixes I rarely touch the EQ either, unless I want to bring a specific element of a track to the fore. Even that might be naive, but I'm sometimes mixing drum and bass with folk music I'm attached to, so control of the sound is vital if I want a good sounding studio mix.

geposted Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 9:49 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Equalizer 10, a free Add-on Effect on one of your FX slots might be useful, set it and enable it as needed.

geposted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 4:43 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I agree, play your tracks at the default EQ and smoothen it with a plugin on the master.

geposted Sun 21 Jul 19 @ 11:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)