Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: No more "Lottery"... Any alternatives?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey gang!
I know I am probably the only one to use the Lottery effect. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't found a way to integrate it into one of our bar nights, but I did and use the Lottery once every hour that night for a giveaway (shots, drinks, free entry, etc).
Now that it doesn't work with the new VDJ2018, is there an alternative that anyone might know of that I can use?
For now, my gig machine is stuck with using VDJ 8.2. (Much sorrow... LOL)
Thanks for any help or advice.

geposted Wed 11 Jul 18 @ 9:20 pm
I have not notice this was gone. I use this once in a while.

Why would the TEAM remove it ? It was not causing any problem as far I know.

Please put it back (I'm gonna check if they made it a plugin instead of native support).

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 12:40 am
I don't see any plugin for Lottery.

I don't remember reading the removal of it either so, I check the log all the way to v2523 and I don't see anything regarding the removal of Lottery.

I wonder what last version it was supported? Maybe we can grab the Native_Lottery and rename it to Lottery and shove it in the plugin folder.

Would it work I wonder ?

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 12:59 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 5:51 am
Sometimes another question.
Why don't you save your effects?
I have always backed up the whole folder with plugins and everything you can use.
I myself still have very good working plugins from previous version like 7.
You only need to update them when an update comes.

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 6:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Lottery was a built-in effect, so there was nothing to back up.

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 6:19 pm
mmmhhh. Ok , I did not know.
I have many effects .
Lottery I have never used.
What have Lottery done? I can look for an alternative FX.

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 10:42 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Imagine a slide show flicking thru pictures super quick, then it stops on a random picture.

geposted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 10:54 pm
I actually use this for RAFFLE. I created JPG Raffle tickets and use Lottery plugin to select the winner.

I'm happy to read on the other post that it will be back (ATM it's broken) Thanks Team.

geposted Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 12:17 am
Thanks for the feedback and link to the other discussion. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one using it. LOL. For those asking about using a copy of the old plugin file, it wouldn't show up in the drop down menu. Looking forward to the return of Lottery. Again, thanks everyone!

geposted Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 7:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)