Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ RZ HELP.. YES JUST A QUICK QUESTION - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I have experienced popping and distortion with my sz, and now my rz. It is the same issue and I dont understand what has happened. I have used a ddj-sb3 which is a software mixer and have no problems at all. When i use my sz or rz which is a hardware mixer, I immediately begin hearing popping, and distortion. Can anyone offer some advice before I play again tonight? I am at whits end with this.

I have just set master output's attenuator level to-6 db in hopes this works.

geposted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 8:13 pm

geposted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 8:41 pm
thank you

geposted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 11:13 pm
OK... nothing helped. DDJ-sz and ddj-rz both pop and hiss, but when i put the ddj-sb3 in.. perfect audio.

geposted Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 8:06 pm
The ddj-sb3 is using wasabi drivers, and the pioneer ddj-sz/rz is using asio. I really wonder if this is the actual problem: asio drivers are not working properly with windows 10's latest updated build which I want to shove up their ass everytime I see it want to update me.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 3:11 am
burnyabad wrote :
asio drivers are not working properly with windows 10's latest updated build

....but then surely it would also affect Serato, Rekordbox and whatever else plays audio via ASIO.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:00 pm
I am cluess to be straightforward. I am just trying to help myself and others.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:17 pm
Can you try to increase the ASIO buffer ?
And BTW: DDJ-SZ has a hardware mixer, but by default DDJ-RZ uses internal (software) mixer instead.
Also I personally use DDJ-RZ for my gigs and I don't experience any issues with ASIO but I have a powerful laptop that can handle the default low buffer setting of DDJ-RZ ASIO drivers

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 6:39 am
I want to curse the HELL out of Pioneer right now. I ABHOR software mixers. @#&^ kidding me. I would have shoved that effing RZ up the salesman's ass for telling me this was a hardware mixer.

My laptop was expensive, from dell. Gaming xps model, 1060 gtx 16 gig ram, i7 7700, ssd. it can handle it. I have made the asio changes.. did it in increments and had no change. I would make a change, than restart, load deck, listen, and hear the same shitty static and popping

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 11:30 am
2nd laptop with latest build doing same thing with the DDJ-sz at my house, not at the club.

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 11:32 am
Dell laptos are well known for this. Probably a dodgy driver causing latency spikes.

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 11:38 am
burnyabad wrote :
I want to curse the HELL out of Pioneer right now. I ABHOR software mixers. @#&^ kidding me. I would have shoved that effing RZ up the salesman's ass for telling me this was a hardware mixer.

To be clear: DDJ-RZ can be used as BOTH hardware, or software mixer. By DEFAULT it's a software mixer, but you can change that. You can read how on the unit's VirtualDJ Operation Manual: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrz/advancedaudio.html

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 11:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Btw, didn't see if you tried this already, but if not, try changing the ultraLatency setting and see if that makes a difference.

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 11:58 am
yes, turned it off. I am going to try updating the laptop tonight.

geposted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 12:36 pm
Thank you Phantom. The problem is my laptop. The backup laptop works perfect. Why do you advise using the RZ as a software mixer? The SZ was setup just like the RZ in the alternate configuration and I never had issues with it.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 1:22 pm
It's probably because a lot of people expect the on-screen controls to move when they move the real ones. They don't realise that duplicating the movement of their hardware controls on screen isn't necessary - that's just how they think it should work.

geposted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 4:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
It's probably because a lot of people expect the on-screen controls to move when they move the real ones. They don't realise that duplicating the movement of their hardware controls on screen isn't necessary - that's just how they think it should work.

Not sure how that is relevant?
Most controllers (and even most hardware mixers nowadays) send the position of the faders, and vdj can show them, even when their operation is in hardware.
There are also several areas in vdj where it is actually beneficial for vdj to have this information, such as more accurate track history logging, track load warnings, cdj 'on air' display and automatic video crossfader.

Anyway, regarding sound issues there won't be much difference in a controller that does the mixing or having vdj do the mixing.
There are some additional benefits to having vdj to the mixing internally, such as easier mix recording, option for post-fader effects, master limiter/effects and less usb bandwidth needed (since only master and headphones channels need to be sent, compared to up to 4 individual channels and optional record loop-back channel otherwise)

geposted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 5:06 pm
Ok good, because I am so used to using my hardware mixers. I never pay attention to the screen, I use ears and eyes on the mixer, plus, you dont have to fight auto-gain every song

kradcliffe wrote :
Dell laptos are well known for this. Probably a dodgy driver causing latency spikes.

you were 100% correct

burnyabad wrote :
Why do you advise using the RZ as a software mixer?

Adion wrote :

There are some additional benefits to having vdj to the mixing internally, such as easier mix recording, option for post-fader effects, master limiter/effects and less usb bandwidth needed (since only master and headphones channels need to be sent, compared to up to 4 individual channels and optional record loop-back channel otherwise)

What Adion said (plus auto headphones he forgot to mention), and the fact that the unit switches automatically to 'internal mixer' if you launch Rekordbox Dj

geposted Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 10:07 am
69%