Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 skin optimzed for 13 inch Macbook Pro (larger interface fonts)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hola,

would there be a VDJ 8 skin with larger fonts and interface elements optimized for 13' Macbook Pros?
I know Browser fonts can be increased but I am talking about Deck control sections - pads, loop, effects, also track info, top sections.

Anyone using VDJ 8 with 13 inch Macbook Pro? Which skin do you use?

Thanks!

geposted Thu 30 Aug 18 @ 2:01 pm
This issue has been raised many times before (since the day VDJ 8 was released).

There are a handful of skins designed to run on smaller screens, but the vast majority are not.

geposted Thu 30 Aug 18 @ 4:47 pm
It is pretty obvious VDJ 8 was designed on bigger screens. Primarily Windows.

Although version 8 is better optimized for Mac OS than previous versions. But those tiny characters above the Browser! :(
It is really strange though as I would assume that 13 inch Macbook Pro must be one of the favorite laptops for DJs these days.
Been for some time. Must be in the Top 3 or Top 5 at least.

Someone up for a challenge to optimize standard VDJ 8 skin for 13 inch Macbook Pro? ;)

geposted Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 10:34 am
I doubt Atomix will do anything to change this. It's been years since 8 was released, and they've had every opportunity.

I'd suggest looking back at some of the older VDJ skins (for VDJ 7 and earlier) because they often came in multiple resolutions and were designed (in most cases ) for lower res screens. Not ideal, because your screen is not low res - it's just small. It will help though.

Obviously you'll miss out on certain elements that have been added to 8 since release, but the majority of primary DJing functions should work.

geposted Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 5:02 pm
And for this reason alone is why I still use my VDJ7 skin.

I do miss out on the pads but its not a big issue for me. The standard VDJ8 skin is not for me.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 12:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The text size on the VDJ 7 skin looks pretty much the same as on the VDJ 8 skin to me

geposted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 2:15 pm
Been using Mix Lab V3.2 skin with VDJ7 for a long time. Great skin and everything is readable on a 13 inch laptop screen. But kinda obsolete by now.
I am migrating to a new Macbook Pro and trying out VDJ8 (because High Sierra?).
I like new features and the redesigned Browser in version 8 but all those digits and text above the Broser are soooo tiiiiinyyyyy on 13' MBP! :-/

geposted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 3:45 pm
You do know how to make the browser text bigger? It's in the manual.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 4:50 pm
djpasha.lt wrote :

I like new features and the redesigned Browser in version 8 but all those digits and text above the Broser are soooo tiiiiinyyyyy on 13' MBP! :-/

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 5:31 am
Anybody with Skin editing experience?

How hard would it be to modify default VDJ 8 skin to make some interface elements larger? Mostly areas marked in the pic need larger characters.

I would happily collaborate with someone with knowledge and experience. Let's do this one!
Who's up for the challenge? ;)

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 5:52 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
The problem isn’t enlarging the text, it’s deciding what to do about what you need to move to make room for the larger text.

If you make buttons or controls smaller, they are hard to use. And hard to read. Or if you remove them, you can’t use them.

A tabbed-type interface (similar to one of the iPhone remote skins) would probably work well.

Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be any takers here to build something. Does everyone use larger screens?

I realized a long time ago that I like my 17” screen so my laptops all have that size of screen. I couldn’t use a 13” (although perhaps if a good skin existed I might think differently!)

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 1:43 pm
There are plenty of skins available.

Have a look through them (including the older ones as I mentioned earlier) and you're bound to find something a bit more suitable.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 4:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)