Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: I'm New To The Video Dj Scene, What's Needed?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been a dj since forever, just recently I've been asked if I could do Video in the near future (like in 3 weeks!?). The venue already have screens so I don't need those, but I would like to know what other gear and cabling do I need apart from a good HDMI cable?
I have a high spec laptop, The NS7III Controller, A 2TB HDD,

geposted Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 9:50 pm
first of all you need a video card capable of outputting to a HDMI cable.

geposted Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 10:21 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Looks like you got a good computer and a hdmi cable, the next thing is to get the videofiles that you will need ;)

Have you checked with the venue that they have a splitter for the hdmi and/or other things that you will need for multiple screens?

geposted Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 4:45 pm
freppa wrote :
Looks like you got a good computer and a hdmi cable, the next thing is to get the videofiles that you will need ;)

Have you checked with the venue that they have a splitter for the hdmi and/or other things that you will need for multiple screens?

yes they do, did an experiment during the day when its closed (when it was just the manager and me) took a few goes to get it looking good and sounding good. Did my first live video mix during a thursday night set, I t went well but for some reason the shaders were not looking good (now fixed). I'm not entirelly sure if this is something I'll do every time, but at least I'll know I can

geposted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 1:48 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I probably upset people again.. anyway you don't want shaders. What is required is videos ! Go to VJ Pro and if they let you get an unlimited account for approx £41 per month. Spend 6 months downloading and at the end of it you will be on the way to being a good VDJ. Get the highest resolution videos 1080p whenever possible so that you are ready to use very large screens.

Note: you will need other video pools ..this is just to get you started.

geposted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 6:37 pm
VDJ Ron wrote :
I probably upset people again.. anyway you don't want shaders. What is required is videos ! Go to VJ Pro and if they let you get an unlimited account for approx £41 per month. Spend 6 months downloading and at the end of it you will be on the way to being a good VDJ. Get the highest resolution videos 1080p whenever possible so that you are ready to use very large screens.

Note: you will need other video pools ..this is just to get you started.

Cheers Ron, I do a mixture of video, shaders, slide shows, and rude or funny gifs. Still a work in progress right now

geposted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 7:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)