Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I don't understand how the Sync buttons work in VDJ, help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ScooxHome userMember since 2018
Former Traktor user here, in Traktor the Sync button is a toggle action button, it's either ON or OFF. In VDJ the Sync button is lit for some tracks but not for others, I don't really understand what this represents. My understanding is that in VDJ the Sync action is momentary—it syncs, then if the tracks are the same BPM they should naturally keep in sync, which is fine by me.

Now, if I enable BeatLock for all decks and start playback on all decks, then why is it that only the Sync button of decks 2, 3 and 4 are lit? And also, why does the Sync button of decks 2, 3, and 4 turn off as soon as deck 1 stops?

geposted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 3:17 am
OK it seems to be something with the Master setting. The Master deck cannot have Sync enabled, but why not? As soon as another deck becomes the master, sync gets enabled again, so why not just show it as active the whole time? In Traktor, stopped decks can still have Sync enabled, the button background is simply shown in a different (lighter) colour to indicate "Hey, I'm ON but not doing anything because this deck is stopped". Likewise, the Master deck which of course does not need to sync to anything becase it is the Master, could still show its Sync button backlit in a lighter color like in Traktor to indicate "Hey, Sync is ON and will kick in as soon as I stop being the master deck". I hope that makes sense.

geposted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 3:22 am
Sync is different than beatlock.
Sync indeed works as a gate, not a toggle (Traktor has a similar setting somewhere but I can't recall)
Sync led will turn on when the BPM of the deck matches the BPM of the "Master" deck. Master deck does not sync to itself as you said.
When you load another track (or change Master Deck) or even alter pitch/tempo on a track the "synced" tracks won't follow. Therefore the "Sync" button will turn off for that (or the rest/other) decks.
Since you come from Traktor, you need to understand the different way of sync button operation.
The led behavior you describe would make sense for a "beatlock" button, not a sync button.

geposted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 7:43 am
This may help you:

geposted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 8:00 am
Thanks, that's a useful video

geposted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 9:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)