Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Native Instruments Traktor S4 MK3 Support - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hello, planning to buy this month traktor s4 mk3, is it already compatible with vdj8?

geposted Wed 22 May 19 @ 6:38 pm
Please read the previous two pages of posts...

geposted Wed 22 May 19 @ 6:52 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
romariano wrote :
Hello, planning to buy this month traktor s4 mk3, is it already compatible with vdj8?

Good question - Traktor S4 MK3 dissapeared from "comming soon" in hardware, it's not in "recently added" but it's still in the list of supported controllers. Does the new update of VDJ (4918) supports S4MK3 fully now?

geposted Thu 23 May 19 @ 12:11 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nope, you're still where you where.
Quite a few native instruments controllers never got full support, I say this as a S4mk 1 user.

geposted Thu 23 May 19 @ 12:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djxhalx wrote :
Traktor S4 MK3 dissapeared from "comming soon" in hardware, it's not in "recently added" but it's still in the list of supported controllers.

Still not an officially supported controller. It was removed from the coming soon list, because we are not in position to define "how soon". By mistake it was moved to the supported controllers, it is now removed.

geposted Thu 23 May 19 @ 9:36 am
Could you at least say what is the technical issue with going full support? Or at least implement some of the support like screens or motorized plates - that NS7 or Rane Twelve also has and it's supported by VDJ.

geposted Fri 31 May 19 @ 3:17 pm
djxhalx wrote :
that NS7 or Rane Twelve also has and it's supported by VDJ.

The S4 is not manufactured by either Numark or Rane. It's a completely different product.

No other product on the market has haptic jog wheels. It's a Native Instruments product that works with Native Instruments DJ software.

Tell me, what other DJ software fully supports the S4 MK3? Serato? Rekordbox? Nothing - only Traktor.

Judging by what I can find via Google, the haptic stuff doesn't even work well in Traktor yet.

geposted Fri 31 May 19 @ 4:30 pm
Ok - but then, screens and motorized platters are a different thing than haptic feedback right? Maybe it's time for unofficial mapping ver.2 for S4 Mk3 since controller is on the market since 9 months now. At least knowing there is work in progress would be ok for some of the features. If it's not in plan to support this controller it might also be a valuable information for S4Mk3 owners.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:09 pm
djxhalx wrote :
controller is on the market since 9 months now

There's no need to keep posting over and over that the controller has been on the market for X days/weeks/months. You started back in January when you first bought the thing. It won't make any difference by saying it again and again.

The fact is - it was your decision to purchase an unsupported controller. You knew it wasn't supported, yet you still bought it. There are hundreds of other controllers you could have bought that are already supported.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 4:26 pm
I bought it on a premise that it's "coming soon" in supported controllers - is it not a fair question to ask what's the progress and what's the plan for this specific model? I would like to get one clean straight answer that would help me to make a decision to sell my controller and maybe buy a different brand/model - or change my DJ software. What is the real issue with it - that makes it so hard to finally make it happen? I just need a honest answer from the developers.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 5:16 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I suspect that the issues they’re having getting all features to work are also making it impossible to determine how long it will take to get it working.

geposted Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 6:47 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
djxhalx wrote :
I bought it on a premise that it's "coming soon" in supported controllers...

No you bought it before that, [the coming soon announcement, yes I checked] Your beef isn't with atomix, it's with native instruments.
I say this as a s4mk1 user, NI just make things inpratical for 3rd party software with some HW

geposted Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 9:31 pm
Would it not just be a case of snooping the USB bus with a tool like wireshark to figure out how to control the screens and jog wheels, then writing a driver for the USB endpoints.
I guess VDJ usually talks to the controllers via the manufacturer's device drivers?

geposted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 10:59 am
Traktor Pro 3 + S4 Mk3 screen drivers only work with newest WIN10 update. That's another thing - but still, people who use S4 Mk3 probably use the newest update system, so why not make it a thing in VDJ too.

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 1:22 am
But since the controller is not even on the list of 'comming soon' to be supported then... well.

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 1:23 am
It's a shame really as the S4 Mk3 is the only portable controller at this price point that has motorized platters. As a mobile DJ, I can't spend huge amounts on the likes of Denon prime m controllers that have motorized platters and would dearly like to upgrade from my S2 mk2 to something with motorized platters.
As a past Virtual DJ user, I'd like to switch from Traktor as Virtual DJ is better at mobile gigs due to the side-list / auto-mix list area and Traktor crashes when loading an mp3 file with corrupted header/id info.

geposted Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 10:05 am
Any news on the guide for this mapping. I'd love to know the functions and controls available guys and how it's been mapped. I hope I'm not waiting for screens to be added first. Works well just hit and miss to how I use it at this point.

geposted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 9:06 pm
I would love to hear about the progress with mapping this controller on VDJ software also

geposted Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 1:58 am
Bonjour, avez-vous une mise a jour pour le contrôleurs Traktor s4 mk3

geposted Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 12:20 pm
Please post in English.

If they had an update, they would have posted it.

geposted Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 2:15 pm
94%