Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beatstep mapping [solved]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Beatstep mapping no longer works properly as it used to.
And the same is synonymous with another additional controller that I tried today to map.

Normally if I have used an effect or the slider of this effect with the controlled ,
then Virtual DJ automatically switched the deck when I selected another deck ,
and I could then control the effect on the other deck ,
but today i noticed that the controller only stays on deck 1 ,
and i can not control the effect on deck 2 so if i select these.
Normal would be in an action where no deck is specified, automatically controlled the action on the deck which is selected ...
And that's the way it has always been.
Only today I noticed when mapping the other controller that Virtual DJ no longer automatically selects on which deck.
Whats wrong with this?

geposted Mon 04 Feb 19 @ 11:43 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maybe have to use "masterdeck_auto"

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 12:19 am
Nicotux wrote :
Maybe have to use "masterdeck_auto"

This have not to do with Masterdeck option.

When a other deck select , it must control the same action at these deck , when not a specific Deck is stated.

And so exactly has it always worked

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 12:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please provide further details about "Beatstep" mapping

What actions do not work as expected and to which keys (buttons/knobs) of which controller are those assigned to ?

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 7:06 am
djdad wrote :
Please provide further details about "Beatstep" mapping

What actions do not work as expected and to which keys (buttons/knobs) of which controller are those assigned to ?

Example : effect_slider 1 ..... on a Slider from Beatstep
Normal when You use a FX Slider from any FX , when deck 1 is selected it use FX Slider 1 on Deck 1 in Slot 1...
And when I select deck 2 then it use the FX Slider 1 on Deck 2 in Slot 1...
This I have mapped for many Effects.... For example : effect 'Turnado' slider 1
So if I want to control the effect "Turnado" on deck 1 then I only need to select deck 1 , with select Deck1 ;-)
And if I want to control the effect "Turnado" on deck 2 (other) then I only need to select deck 2 (or wich Deck I will)...
You understand ?
And this does not work anymore.
Not even with another controller....... Example the Icon I-creativ (that I would yesterday mapping) , That's why I noticed the error.
But has until now always worked ...
I never needed to specify a deck in the command.
Greetings Dani

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 2:52 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect_slider "echo" 1
that's working here and when I change the selected deck the mapping follows.

What is the actual script you are trying?

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 3:00 pm
locodog wrote :
effect_slider "echo" 1
that's working here and when I change the selected deck the mapping follows.

What is the actual script you are trying?

On wich Controller You try this?
effect 'Turnado' slider 1 .... for Slider 1 example , and I can use only Deck1 , also when I select Deck2..
Newest Build of VDJ

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 3:05 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I just used the keyboard.

Your script looks like how it was in v7, I believe v8 should still support it, but I've completely forgotten the differences between v7 & v8.
early in the v8 days a lot my v7 mapped keyboard didn't work, so I changed it to the v8 standard, over a little time the older v7 standard was supported in v8, but by that point I'd moved on.

Your "bug" is worth reporting but it's probably best if you start using the v8 standard.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 3:17 pm
No it is only in 8 , but I did not notice it until yesterday, so I can not say when it worked before, and after which update anymore.
The commands have bevore works .....
With 8.3 also..
Yes in keyboard it works when I test it on a Button , but the controllers not...
Before it working fine , whith all VSTs and all effects...
Its simple Midi mapping , because there is no factory.
I have tested same commands on Keyboard , and there it works , and on Controllers not when I select other decks...

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 3:28 pm
locodog wrote :
I just used the keyboard.

Your script looks like how it was in v7, I believe v8 should still support it, but I've completely forgotten the differences between v7 & v8.
early in the v8 days a lot my v7 mapped keyboard didn't work, so I changed it to the v8 standard, over a little time the older v7 standard was supported in v8, but by that point I'd moved on.

Your "bug" is worth reporting but it's probably best if you start using the v8 standard.

In Keyboard it works , but it reacts only if I go with the mouse on the program (skin) ... also strange.
I have the Beatstep only a Year , that always working ...
Here is an example from another command , for an Button from this VST , thats work with Keyboard and no with the controllers...
effect 'Turnado' slider 18 0% ? effect 'Turnado' slider 18 100% : effect 'Turnado' slider 18 0%
with that I can use the button on Turnado (VSTs You must all commands as Sliders , You know).
But I have also test ather FXs .
When You habe a Controller like Beatstep or Nanopad , try this there ..
Normal native VDJ effects also not works with this controllers , only deck1.. also when I use the standart command effect_slider 1 for use Slider One on Slot One...

geposted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 3:51 pm
On a custom button on your skin (let's say the default skin) put this as an action:
get_defaultdeck
And this as the button's name:
query

Now, when you load tracks, mess around e.t.c. does the number on the button shows the correct deck ?

A "deckless" mapping like the one you're using will act against the deck number you see on your custom button.
If that number doesn't change then you should change the following settings to fit your needs
pflonSelect
autoHeadphones

Both these settings affect the way default deck is determined by VirtualDJ

I would advise you to use pflOnSelect = yes and autoHeadphones = onload or always

geposted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 7:55 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
On a custom button on your skin (let's say the default skin) put this as an action:
get_defaultdeck
And this as the button's name:
query

Now, when you load tracks, mess around e.t.c. does the number on the button shows the correct deck ?

A "deckless" mapping like the one you're using will act against the deck number you see on your custom button.
If that number doesn't change then you should change the following settings to fit your needs
pflonSelect
autoHeadphones

Both these settings affect the way default deck is determined by VirtualDJ

I would advise you to use pflOnSelect = yes and autoHeadphones = onload or always

I have a Button on my Main Controller to select the Deck , and I can see what Deck is selected , 1 2 3 or 4..
This is not the Problem.
The Problem is , when I select a other Deck ( 2 3 or 4 ) , the Beatstep keeps contro only on the Deck 1....
Normal when I select a other Deck ( 2 3 or 4 ) than the Beatstep control the FX Slider on the other DECK I have selected...
Now it works no more ....
There must an Bug with the Midi control in Virtual DJ.
With Keyboard it works , how Locodog it tested.
When You have an similar Controller like Beatstep , Nanopad or other to hand , test this ... make an effect slider or button , try to control the same FX on both decks.
effect_slider 1 ..... than select DECK 1 and it control Slider 1 on DECK 1 , than select DECK 1 and you will see it control not the Slider on Deck 2 , it keeps control the slider 1 on DECK 1 ;-)
The same on my othe controller from Icon.. So it can nothing have to do with my Beatstep , it is an error by Virtual DJ .
Greeting Dani

geposted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 5:44 pm

((((, and shortcuts and actions with no specified deck will affect this deck )))))

And this is not the case with me.
If I select deck 2 as working deck, then the controller (Beatstep or Icon) will continue to control deck 1 ...
There is the mistake.
Greetings Dani

geposted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 8:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you created (and using) a custom definition for the Beatstep or using it as "Simple MIDI" ?
What do you see in Deck Assignment n Controllers tab ?
If the controller is assigned to Deck 1, then the actions triggered from the controller will apply to Deck 1.

Try also to use .. deck default effect_slider 1 (or deck default in front of all your actions you want to apply to the selected deck

geposted Thu 07 Feb 19 @ 3:17 pm
djdad wrote :
Have you created (and using) a custom definition for the Beatstep or using it as "Simple MIDI" ?
What do you see in Deck Assignment n Controllers tab ?
If the controller is assigned to Deck 1, then the actions triggered from the controller will apply to Deck 1.

Try also to use .. deck default effect_slider 1 (or deck default in front of all your actions you want to apply to the selected deck

It is as "smple Midi" Protol..
I can select the other Deck with the Botton on my Main controller NS6 , with the command "select_deck" , this works as usual... And I can also see in the Skin wich Deck is selected as working deck...
617/5000
The beatstep has always worked, without having to specify any deck.
It has still worked recently.
As I said, I only noticed that when I wanted to map a new controller on Monday.
This also with "simple Midi". (Icon Icreative)
The controllers also work wonderfully to map and use certain VST effects ... And I was always able to precisely control the effect on the working deck which is selected ...
I think that's a bug, no idea what update .. But before that it worked ..
You better test it with a similar controller ..
Thank for give me Your Time to help..
Greeting Dani

geposted Thu 07 Feb 19 @ 5:22 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Just a general comment..the VDJ8 script language is continuously evolving with the regular addition of new concepts and methods. There is no library of working scripts with respect to the version of VDJ8. The latest version can stop older scripts or mappings functioning.

geposted Thu 07 Feb 19 @ 8:32 pm
Have you already found something that does not work with controllers in the Simple_Midi protocol?
So on my main controller I've tested it on a slider times (without specifying a specific deck), as it automatically switch to the selected work deck.
Only with Simple Midi apparently not ....

geposted Mon 11 Feb 19 @ 5:22 pm
Hello.
I think I found the mistake.
If I type in the Controller Mapper, as shown in the screenshot above, on decks "All" or "default", then it suddenly works.
If I then select another deck as the default deck then for him on this deck the command ....

but Virtual DJ does not seem to remember that or save it.
Because if I close Virtual DJ, and open it again, this field (decks) will be empty again ..
Here as on the 2nd screenshot after reopening the program ..

And then it does not work anymore ...
That must be it.
But as already written, the error only occurs with controllers in Simple-Midi mapping.

Greetings Dani

geposted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 2:24 am
Unfortunately, this bug is still present in the new update.
All controllers that run in the Simple Midi do not recognize the default deck .. Just as in the post above, but it does not stay after restarting Virtual DJ !!!
Greetings Dani

geposted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 4:35 pm
Thanks .
Now it works again , and saves the Setting for Simple Midi Controllers ;-)
Greetings Dani

geposted Tue 09 Apr 19 @ 1:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)