Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ Unable to connect to internet to download temp license
I have a Hercules dj console RMX that I'd like to try out with VirtualDJ, and that requires a license. However, VDJ8 and 2018 will not connect when prompting for the option to connect for a temp license.

Under Audio setup, VirtualDJ simply prompts "Licence needed:DJCRMX". When clicked, this offers the temp licence box and a Connect button - the connect button just closes and reopens the box.

I have tried this on two different computers, with different VDJ accounts and different internet connections.

Host files are (effectively) blank, with zero entries. One never even had VDJ installed until I downloaded 2018 and installed it, but still refused to connect for the Hercules license. VDJ is able to connect to the internet, as evinced by the auto-update on launch.

geposted Tue 25 Jun 19 @ 12:19 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
You need to activate the license
Settings -> licenses
then press Activate LE/OEM and enter your license number
Usually found under the Controller

The license is controller specific and can only be activated once else you need a new license
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Serial%20Transfer.html

geposted Tue 25 Jun 19 @ 3:08 pm
That isn't related to the temporary license issue. VDJ pops up a message offering a temp license (as it has done so in the past for a friends Pioneer controller), but that I must allow VDJ to connect to the internet. It offers a single button saying "CONNECT", which simply closes and reopens the popup.

To reiterate - this is an issue with VirtualDJ 8 and 2018 not connecting for temporary licenses, not for activating OEM/Lite licenses.

geposted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 9:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you login through the License tab in config?

geposted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 10:02 am
Yes, I was logged into Virtual DJ with an account (even tried making a new account to test). Virtual DJ is able to connect to the internet; not only does logging in work, but it's also able to download updates.

I noticed there was another update this afternoon, however I'm not in a position to test the Hercules at the moment.

geposted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 1:39 pm
This issue is still occurring - not only with the Hercules, but also with an Akai AMX. VDJ simply refuses to connect when it prompts to do so for a temp license.

geposted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 4:53 pm
I didn't know there was such a thing as a temporary license. Do you mean the monthly Pro subscription? Or perhaps a 30 day trial?

You can't re-use a 30 day trial. Once the 30 days are up, you are expected to purchase the software.

Trying out (as you say in your first post) a controller does not require a license at all. You can try it out for 10 minutes at a time as many times as you like.

geposted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 4:59 pm
When I access Audio Settings, VDJ prompts (at the bottom, next to APPLY) that a license is needed. Clicking that pops up a box that says I can connect to the internet for a temporary license, and presents me with a CONNECT button. Clicking the button simply closes and re-opens the same prompt.

The popup/prompt is as follows:

License needed: AKAMX

CONTROLLER LICENSE
"VirtualDJ is FREE to use for personal use, using a mouse and keyboard. But if you want to use it with some professional DJ equipment, you need to get a license.

We can let you use it for free for a while, but you need to connect to the Internet."

Below that is a button that says CONNECT.

This has occurred with both the Hercules and Akai AMX, on three different laptops now (two of which never had VDJ installed before) and two different accounts (one existing, one brand new).

geposted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 5:15 pm
OK, so now we're clear that it doesn't actually say "temporary license" (the phrase you keep using).

Chances are then, that it's a 30 day trial - but if you (or someone else) has already used that controller with VDJ before on a trial basis, you cannot re-use it.

geposted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 5:22 pm
kidd325Home userMember since 2017
Saludos.. tengo la situacion de que me sale este msg live.virtualdj.com refused to connect. despues de bajar el Virtual 2021. Tengo para configurar un Roland DJ-202 si alguien puede darme LUZ.

geposted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 10:33 pm