Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: macOS Catalina Causes Issues for DJs Who Used iTunes With XML File Support

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Apologies if this has already been brought up.

It has been reported that Apple's new operating system for the Mac, macOS Catalina, eliminates support for DJ apps to access XML playlist files that let users access their iTunes music libraries.

I use the iTunes playlists function in Does Virtual DJ to view my music. Does Virtual DJ do this using the XML function or has it already transitioned to the supported SDK?

Basically, is it ok to upgrade to Catalina, or should I wait until Virtual DJ offer support?

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/07/macos-catalina-djs-itunes-xml-file-support/

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 6:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
 Best Answer If you updated to the latest version of virtualdj it will read your music playlists just fine

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 8:07 am[ selected best answer by locodog on Sat 16 May 20 @ 6:13 am ]
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you updated to the latest version of virtualdj it will read your music playlists just fine

Selected as best answer geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 8:07 am
user18853274 wrote :

Basically, is it ok to upgrade to Catalina, or should I wait until Virtual DJ offer support?

Best check with the hardware manufacturers of any external equipment you use.

Pioneer and Denon have both said on their websites 'Do NOT upgrade until they fully test Catalina with their equipment'.

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 9:03 am
Adion wrote :
If you updated to the latest version of virtualdj it will read your music playlists just fine

+ one

geposted Wed 09 Oct 19 @ 2:47 am
cange30PRO InfinityMember since 2011

geposted Wed 09 Oct 19 @ 8:32 pm
All reply helpful, thanks guys.

geposted Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 10:32 am
labozakHome userMember since 2013
Hello
On the new operating system Catalina does not start virtual DJ at all. I download the file from the site and does not go.What to do?

geposted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 4:12 am
labozakHome userMember since 2013
Hello , how to install virtualdj on CatalinaI.Me download the file from the site, I press twice and it says that it cannot be installed.

geposted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 11:37 am
Answer given in the other thread where you asked the same thing.

geposted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 11:53 am
dazzak7Home userMember since 2014
Don't upgrade to Catalina, my virtual stop reading numark sound card and couldn't find iTunes playlist

geposted Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 10:58 pm
Has this been solved yet? Can VirtualDJ feed from macOS Catalina's Music app playlists? I'm hardly a DJ and I only play music for church events, so I only have the free version and have all my music in the Music app for categorization.

geposted Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:48 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It was sorted before it was even a problem, [second post in this thread]

geposted Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 2:11 am
user8703998 wrote :
Don't upgrade to Catalina, my virtual stop reading numark sound card and couldn't find iTunes playlist

Hi i actually had the same issue occur. Only to realize it right after paying 300$ for the Infinity Pro License. Have you had any luck???

geposted Fri 15 May 20 @ 7:53 pm
If there's an issue with VDJ not being able to use/see your audio interface (which one do you have?) then it's likely to be because either the hardware or driver (if required) is not compatible with the OS. Not the fault of VDJ or Atomix.

Check with Numark to see if your hardware can be used on your OS.

geposted Fri 15 May 20 @ 8:42 pm
I'm sure this must have been addressed already, but I can't find the thread...

What's the. solution for Catalina/Music users who previously had multiple itunes xml libraries?

I have VDJ working fine with the new master Music Library file, but duplicating it doesn't seem to play ball with VDJ.

Thanks.

geposted Fri 22 May 20 @ 5:28 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)