Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Updated to the 2020 VDJ and now my VDJ mac wont load

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Espiv15PRO SubscriberMember since 2012
I hate updating and went against my gut by updating to the 2020 VDJ now it wont load at all on my mac and keeps freezing, is there anyway to rollback or revert to a previous version? I've tried so much and this is disappointing as a paid user.

geposted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 4:27 am
Espiv15 wrote :
I hate updating and went against my gut by updating to the 2020 VDJ now it wont load at all on my mac and keeps freezing, is there anyway to rollback or revert to a previous version? I've tried so much and this is disappointing as a paid user.

Yes, old builds are here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

But I doubt it will make a difference - VDJ2020 (v8.4) is basically the same as VDJ2018 (v8.3) just with a new default skin and a few others things

geposted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 10:09 am
It's continuing to freeze with every load now.

geposted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 12:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you please explain what "freezes" exactly ? What is freezing (Audio, skin, other, both ) and in what cases (all times, on start, on load another track etc) ?

What is your Audio Setup in VirtualDJ ?

geposted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 12:47 am
It literally freezes as soon as I load it, not sure if it's the new skin or what - I tried a previous version, now I'm trying to go back further and further and it's just freezing upon loading with the pointer spinning/loading.

geposted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 1:24 am
.....and your setup is?

You've said "my Mac" but you haven't given details. Is it running Catalina? Are you using a controller or external audio interface? If yes, is it connected when you start VDJ?

Where's your music? Internal or external drive? If external, is it connected when you start VDJ?

geposted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 8:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
He is on 10.14 as per his account stats, so no Catalina in his case.

Anyways, here is what i would do...
1. Take a look at /Documents/VirtualDJ./Plugins64/AutoStart folder, in case there is some plugin that causes the freeze. In case you have any files there, remove them and try again.
2. When GUI opens and you get the freeze, notice which folder is selected in Browser FOlders list and if anything is displayed in Status bar, like "Renaming..." or "Downloading.."
3. Rename your database.xml file in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and try again.
4. Rename your settings.xml in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder to something like oldsettings.xml and open VDJ again.

Let us know which (if any) of the above resolved your issue.

geposted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 8:57 am
The exact same happened here... And haven't received any positive response regarding this issue...

geposted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 8:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)