Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ will not open... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Yesterday VDJ did not open on my laptop. The laptop is 5 years old, so figured that was it. Tried today on my main machine, and it will not open. Can someone help with this issue? Biggest night of the year in 3 hours.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 9:40 pm
Thanks, but uninstalling and re installing did not help on laptop. Are you suggesting this will work on main machine? It just does not open at all.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:03 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
they're links to .exe so no need to uninstal, they don't boot?
I remember you're windows, is that still the case?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:09 pm
Still watching

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:18 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
So you are not able to revert to a previous build at all ?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:23 pm
any more info you can give? recent windows updates, anything at all...

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:24 pm
I assume you're using an external drive? If so, could you check if you can access it outside VDJ, to eliminate the possibility of it being corrupted? If the system has problem accessing a disk it can lock up the thread trying to access it, in this case VDJ.

If you're using sleep mode/hibernation and didn't restart, also check in task manager (hold ctrl + shift + esc) that an instance is not already running - if so, kill em' all (select and hit DEL). I don't say this is the likely reason, but it helps to eliminate (since we have very little information to go by).

And did you install any Windows or driver updates lately?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:25 pm
@Pete, possibly [bit more to it]

@AMAHM will it boot with no hw connected?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:30 pm
He's probably on his way to BestBuy...

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:40 pm
Sorry been frantically trying everything. Win 10, I can't even install the links you sent. Uninstall 64 and 32, can't get any version to open.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:41 pm

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:43 pm
Could you try the following:

- Open Explorer
- Right-click the C: disk (or the one you have Windows on)
- Select Properties in the menu
- Go to the Tools tab and hit "Check"

Also, did you check for virus?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:45 pm
OK, some good news and some bad news. Disconnected externals, and we boot to VDJ. Bad news, all of my stuff is on those 4 externals. What's my next move

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:46 pm
test 1 by 1, might be HW might be a wire

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:47 pm
Edit: as @locodog writes, check if there is a cable problem. If nothing, try what I wrote in my previous answer, but for your external disks.

Alt. run from command line (Hit Windows 10 menu, start typing "cmd" and run as administrator), you could run "chkdsk C: /f /r /x" (replace C: with the drive letter for your externals) to try to fix them, if the cable(s) are fine. Are you using a USB hub btw or are they connected individually/directly?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:48 pm
Plug in the last one, (the one with all the new shit), and VDJ closes. The drive opens in WIN, and can play anything. Did the check drive and all good. Changed cable on that drive, and VDJ closes.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:57 pm
one drive, what happens if that is the first drive you plug in?
plug it in first, report

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 10:58 pm
pulling any idea I can think of, could it usb power?

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 11:02 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Plug in the last one, (the one with all the new shit), and VDJ closes. The drive opens in WIN, and can play anything. Did the check drive and all good. Changed cable on that drive, and VDJ closes.

It could be the MBR of the disk that need some fixing. Try the following as a next step:

EDIT: OK, I am going blind. Sorry, I didn't see it opened in Win... The following is then probably overkill. Could be a corrupted database.xml too.. can you open it in an text editor (Notepad or similar) and see that it starts and ends with <VirtualDJ_Database Version="8.3"> .. </VirtualDJ_Database> (version may be different).

-------- ignore
- go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Restart now > Choose an option > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
- computer will restart and enter command prompt -
- type the drive letter + column for the external drive and hit enter (say "D:" + enter without quotes)
- type in "bootrec /fixmbr"
- next, type in "bootrec /fixboot"
- and finally "bootrec /rebuildbcd"

Restart and try again.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 11:05 pm
@Pete, can't see it, if it works in OS, we're needing diagnosis for just suspect drive is plugged in

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 11:10 pm
45%