Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Catalina Audio Disaster Waiting To Happen!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I recently updated to Catalina 10.15.2 and immediately I have big issues in Virtual DJ 2020. The sound card and midi of my Pioneer controller disconnects if I shift focus away from Virtual DJ and trigger a sound in Finder or another app. For instance if I open a finder window while virtual DJ is running and send a file to the trash the trash sound kills all music and disconnects my Pioneer Midi Controller sound card. The music stops dead in its tracks and the only way to get it back is to refocus on Virtual DJ open up audio preferences and then the sound card reconnects and audio continues to play. On a hunch I dove into settings and found something about making Virtual DJ the focus and muting background apps but that had no effect. As you can well imagine this would be disastrous in a live setting. Is this a known issue and is there a Beta update that fixes it in Catalina?

geposted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 8:26 pm
You should change your sound settings in MAC OS so that your OS is using your MAC's built in sound interface instead of Pioneer one.

geposted Tue 07 Jan 20 @ 1:39 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You should change your sound settings in MAC OS so that your OS is using your MAC's built in sound interface instead of Pioneer one.

Hi Phantom,
macOS is already using the internal soundcard while VDJ 2020 is using my Pioneer card. What happens is the system sound is triggering/killing the Pioneer sound card link with VDJ. It's a bug because I'm safely back on Mojave and the issue has disappeared as I knew it would. I perform and also host a podcast quite often so I can usually tell when something is wrong with the software right away. I literally NEVER set the system to use the Pioneer sound card. I only set VDJ to use the Pioneer card from within the VDJ program settings which should have no effect on the system sound settings as far as I'm aware.

Btw: Totally separate issue but why don't I get email notification when there is a reply here in the forums? I have to log in days, weeks or months later to see that there is a reply :-S

geposted Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 2:17 am
gabrieldiggs wrote :

Btw: Totally separate issue but why don't I get email notification when there is a reply here in the forums? I have to log in days, weeks or months later to see that there is a reply :-S

You need to "subscribe" to each topic you want to get notifications for, by clicking the "bell" icon on top.

geposted Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 8:03 am
Great thanks for that notification info. Are you or anyone else seeing this soundcard issue in Catalina?

geposted Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 2:01 pm
Yes I am having the same issue with my Prime 4. Everything works but the sound has to be set to the onboard soundcard and not the Prime 4. But my amp is set to come from the Prime 4. When I use my MC 6000 the sound works fine through it to my amp. Whats the issue here.

geposted Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 5:18 pm
HouseMaster Jay wrote :
Yes I am having the same issue with my Prime 4. Everything works but the sound has to be set to the onboard soundcard and not the Prime 4. But my amp is set to come from the Prime 4. When I use my MC 6000 the sound works fine through it to my amp. Whats the issue here.

I'm sure we just need a software update and it's a VDJ/Catalina compatibility issue. I can use my Pioneer sound card it's just that my system sound card takes over and breaks the connection with my Pioneer sound card when there is a system sound or alert. I have to dive into VDJ settings and re-select my Pioneer sound card to get sound back which is unusable and dangerous in a live setting if the music stops and there is dead silence and people staring up at you in the DJ booth🤣

geposted Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 5:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why not disable system sounds?

geposted Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 5:34 pm
Adion wrote :

I'm not sure that would work and it would just be a band-aid. Mojave is rock solid with no issues so I'm staying there until Catalina and VDJ become more stabilized.

geposted Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 6:25 pm
Adion wrote :

I think I found the problem. A third party app created a virtual soundcard/driver and when that virtual card is selected any system sound events run through it disrupt virtual DJ playback. If I use system sound card it does not seem to be an issue. Will test further.

geposted Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 4:59 pm
It would be useful if you posted the name of the app, so people are aware & can avoid it....

geposted Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 6:12 pm
groovindj wrote :
It would be useful if you posted the name of the app, so people are aware & can avoid it....

The device called "MMAudio Device.driver" can be found at:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL

There are several apps that use it so some may find a need to keep it. I just had one non essential app that used it and was able to delete the whole lot including the driver. I'm back on Catalina now and will do some stress testing to make sure that it was the only culprit.

geposted Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 7:36 pm
Checking on this thread. I had a new pioneer DJ800 on my MacBook Pro. Updated to Catalina, had issues so I rebooted MacBook and reinstalled catalina
Now my virtual DJ reads the DJ800 but no Pioneer DJ sound card appears in the hardware. I can only play off the Mac speakers
Thank you
Dave

geposted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 5:42 pm
davidsolimine wrote :
Checking on this thread. I had a new pioneer DJ800 on my MacBook Pro. Updated to Catalina, had issues so I rebooted MacBook and reinstalled catalina
Now my virtual DJ reads the DJ800 but no Pioneer DJ sound card appears in the hardware. I can only play off the Mac speakers
Thank you
Dave

You might need to open up a new thread as this issue might be specific to your setup and not the same as the issue I was having that I have solved.

geposted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 5:50 pm
There's no such thing as a DJ800. Do you mean DDJ-800 or DJM-800?

Either way, you need to make sure that when installing any drivers, you allow them via MacOS security. You can find details on the Pioneer DJ web site for your product...

geposted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 6:16 pm
I have a Dynacord power mate 600 mixer which I have downloaded the audio driver software , however it does not work via usb output with vdj 2020 on my Mac book pro 2012, ( it works fine on my HP comupter ) and the sound quality is far superior to the "headphone out" option, any suggestions please, is there a driver I can download ? thanks for any info . Bob

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 1:09 pm
Could be just the age of the hardware. Looks to me like the drivers have not been updated for five years.

I'm assuming you already know about the updated security in recent MacOS...

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 1:37 pm
bob capital city wrote :
I have a Dynacord power mate 600 mixer which I have downloaded the audio driver software , however it does not work via usb output with vdj 2020 on my Mac book pro 2012, ( it works fine on my HP comupter ) and the sound quality is far superior to the "headphone out" option, any suggestions please, is there a driver I can download ? thanks for any info . Bob

Is the Dynacord supposed to be plug and play on Mac? If it is not plug and play and you have drivers for Mac and are running macOS Catalina there could be a permissions and also install location problem with the Driver installer and Catalina. Catalina introduced significant changes to file system structure and new restrictions regarding permissions that older driver installers that have not specifically been updated to be compatible with macOS Catalina will fail or only partially install the necessary files. I had this issue with a program and I had to manually install the required Audio driver and supporting files to get the program to function correctly. I hope this helps:-)

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 1:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)