Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: laptop crashes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

my laptop crashes and needs a restart when i load a controller (various) anyone suffer similar

geposted Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 6:13 pm
The OS (Windows? Mac?) crashes, or the VDJ software crashes?

What do you mean by "load a controller"?

Ideally you should have your controller plugged into the computer and powered on before running VDJ. You can plug it in when VDJ is running, but IMO it's best to have it ready before starting VDJ.

What controller is your LE license for, and what are the "various" others? Your LE version will only work with the controller it came with.

geposted Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 7:57 pm
parmodisco wrote :
my laptop crashes and needs a restart when i load a controller (various) anyone suffer similar

I have the same experience, everything has been working fine until about three weeks ago.. I connect my ddjsx2, my external hdd, open vdj8 setup audio settings, I may get to play one song thens its like the a split in to. two screens the it freezes my laptop overheats and reboots it self. I've uninstalled the app several times, I formatted my Mac book to factory settings as well as vdi to factory settings also I've attempted using a older build, still doesn't work. also my os is high Sierra

geposted Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 5:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to set experimentalSkinEngine to yes in VirtualDJ to lower the heat a little bit, but this does not solve the actual cause of the problem.
Your macbook is not supposed to overheat ever if the temperature management is working correctly and the hardware is ok.

geposted Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 5:56 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)