Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: POI Editor - can drag playhead but upon Play it jumps back to where it was. + zoom in/out with keyboard + trackpad?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Skip first paragraph if you don't need to know I've already tried and tried to find an answer.
I watched a video (POI Editor Overview by VirtualDJ Tips).
I searched the forums. (found e.g. virtualdj.com/forums/197986/General_Discussion/Keyboard_shortcuts_POI_Editor_.html)
I read the documentation, which says:
-- Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the Waveform and the Scrollbar to navigate through the different sections of the file.
-- Drag and move the POI to a new position by grabbing the Playhead (green vertical line). If Snap is enabled the POI will be moved to the nearest beat.

I can drag the playhead (green line) forward or backward but upon clicking Play it jumps back to where it was. Solution???
I can't drag the playhead while it is playing. Should this be possible?
+
I don't have a mousewheel. Can I zoom in/out of the waveform and/or scrollbar by using my keyboard + trackpad?

geposted Fri 14 Feb 20 @ 9:31 pm
If I double-click on the "point" (the left column of point names), the view zooms in. I can then drag on the top waveform if i want to move the point far. Still, I imagine there's another way to directly zoom in/out. No?

I also found I can get the track to play by pressing play on the regular deck. That helps a little, but still doesn't work for some/most aspects of editing within the POI editor. (can't remember details right now - i'll re-post when i have the experience again).

Is there a way to jump from time _:__.__ on the Deck to the same time within the POI editor?
Is there a way to type in the time you want to go/move to within the POI editor?

geposted Fri 14 Feb 20 @ 10:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I have not come across a trackpad that does not allow scrolling.
On newer ones it will usually be moving 2 fingers up or down together. On older ones it usually works by moving your finger up down on the right side of the trackpad.

Double click in the waveform should start playback from that location

geposted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 2:51 am
Bug Report - this problem still exists for me. Nobody else?
It did work a couple times for me. I thought the answer was it had to be already loaded on the deck - and perhaps playing. But no. I am able to drag the playhead but upon double-clicking in the waveform (as suggested by Adion) (either the small or large waveform) or upon clicking the POI Editor's play button, playback starts from where the playhead was before I dragged it.

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 10:17 pm
put your mouse to the right end of the small wave form and when it turns into a double arrow click and drag to the left and you will zoom in

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 10:32 pm
Yes, zooming in works, but after dragging the playhead - either in the small waveform or the large waveform - after clicking the play button, it starts playing from where it was before I moved the playhead.

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 10:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)