Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: lads new machine - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

lads got new 64bit windows 7 pro machine but vdj 2020 is only 32 bit.any chance i can get vdj 8

geposted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 6:36 pm
found saved copy lads but is there a 64 bit version

geposted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 6:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You should not get a new windows 7 machine at this time (or upgrade it to windows 10). but that aside, you can use the 32-bit version of vdj 2020 just fine on windows 7 64-bit.

The 64-bit version of VirtualDJ requires windows 10.

geposted Fri 21 Feb 20 @ 6:46 pm
New machine with my dad hd from failed machine

geposted Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 3:07 pm

geposted Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 7:57 pm
djstaffy wrote :
New machine with my old hd from failed machine

Hear so many stories about 10 and problems .....also if I upgraded to vdh2020 will my setting remain as in 8 that I've set up...seen so many posts about settings different cheers

geposted Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 9:29 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I upgraded my W7 machine to W10 last October. All of my programs and, setting switched over very smoothly. I took a screen shot of all my VDJ settings, just to play it safe but, didn't need it.

geposted Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 5:34 pm
So if I totally put new ssd drive in with Windows 10 I can just copy my vdj folder complete with xml files ECT and all will be the same...heard hirtir stories of windows 10 and vdj settings

geposted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 4:30 pm
So if I totally put new ssd drive in with Windows 10 I can just copy my vdj folder complete with xml files ECT and all will be the same...heard hirtir stories of windows 10 and vdj settings

geposted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 4:30 pm
Just make sure the user name and folder path where your files are stored is the same on both machines. Copy over the documents - virtualdj folder and there will be no issue.

There are some default settings that are different in 2020 (god knows why they did that) but easy enough to sort.

geposted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 4:50 pm
Maybe it's those default settings that I'm hearing about...there a list so I can set them like it is...so I'm going to get new SSD drive with Windows 10 then renew vdj and pioneer drivers ect

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 11:08 am
By VirtualDJ update:
coverFlow
skin

By new skin:
browser_padding
autoBPMMatch
autoKey
smartPlay
autoPitchLock

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 11:15 am
@djstaffy, you say you bought a new computer. What happened to the drive that was in it when you bought it?

You say you put your old drive into it. Surely it must have already had a drive in it (presumably with Win 10 as it's a new computer)?

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 11:29 am
groovindj wrote :
@djstaffy, you say you bought a new computer. What happened to the drive that was in it when you bought it?

You say you put your old drive into it. Surely it must have already had a drive in it (presumably with Win 10 as it's a new computer)?

No it was a clean machine with no drive in it.i put my old drive from Alienware in it but was running slower than it should so going to get new SSD drive and clean fresh install done

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 4:37 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
By VirtualDJ update:
coverFlow
skin

By new skin:
browser_padding
autoBPMMatch
autoKey
smartPlay
autoPitchLock

Thank you I will reset these when I receive machine back

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 4:39 pm
All seems good lads thank you all very much for help.only use machine for vdj do I need any windows 10 tweaks for best performance

geposted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 5:23 pm
If it works fine just leave it alone.

geposted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 5:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djstaffy wrote :
All seems good lads thank you all very much for help.only use machine for vdj do I need any windows 10 tweaks for best performance

It is always recommended to put the energy saving options to "high perfomance".
Also, disable the "USB selective suspend option". Here's how to -> external link

geposted Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 9:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I would certainly not recommend that 'always' unless you have an actual issue.

geposted Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 2:00 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Care to elaborate why high performance is not always a good idea?
I haven't heard of any issues

geposted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 8:47 am
77%