Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: customize a skin

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just wondering if its possible to make a skin by virtual DJ 8 by a software that's simple as for im looking to change a jukebox skin around and then alternate it myself to have buttons I want to have on it and personal settings

geposted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 6:03 am
So you don't want to make a skin (from scratch), you want to modify an existing one?

There isn't an official tool or app for modifying existing skins, only for creating them from scratch.

Adding buttons is quite easy now we have vector graphics. There's no need to create a bitmap graphic, just add a few lines to the XML.

We can give you more detail if you give us more detail about what you want to do.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 5:21 pm

Can use a basic text and photo editor. A skin consist of one text file (xml) and one image file.
See here: https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin-SDK-8.html

Easiest way to start is perhaps find a skin close to what you want, then just edit it... :)

geposted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 5:29 pm
Hey guys, Thanks for replying we have changed a few colours on this jukebox skin at the moment, Me and my mate were wondering if its possible to remove this side panel with ( Create folder) etc, we also have a software called ( skin creator ) created by Jeremie Leroy i believe it was version 2.7.0, we have a paid virtual dj account and whenever we sign in we get ( Connected-No Membership) but it says you need to be a virtual dj premium member thanks heaps

geposted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 11:29 pm

geposted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 11:41 pm
Hey Guys, I've had a look at the webpage you sent through so far it does make sense i myself have never done html coding so its hard for me to understand and to just delete buttons that i want to be removed, Such as the panel on the left side. I also do have skin creating software's such as skin builder, skin creator 2.7.0, and also skin builder extractor, I was unable to get skin creator 2.7.0 to work due to needing a premium account which makes no sense due to I have the 20$ A month, If you could dot point to me how to delete the left side panel (<browsertoolbartree> ) which I cannot find locally in the skin file we are using I am sure its embedded somewhere but can't see where, I also just wanted to say I've never created any sort of skin at this point so I'm still in learning phase

- Firstly what software is needed to create a skin ( Preferably the most simplest)
- secondly if you guys could help us out with the skin creator 2.7.0 software
- Remove the left side bar which is located in one of the files

geposted Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 5:43 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
skin creator won't work with any skin made for v8 or higher.

geposted Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 6:29 am
Halogen DJs wrote :
I was unable to get skin creator 2.7.0 to work due to needing a premium account which makes no sense due to I have the 20$ A month

That software is extremely old and outdated. The account it refers to has nothing to do with your Pro subscription, as the software was released long before VDJ 8 or the Pro subscription became available.

geposted Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 6:33 pm
Hey guys, sorry late reply, is there any updated software for virutal dj 8? so we can edit this jukebox skin without going through the issue of going through html coding which I do not know much about thanks

geposted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 12:11 am
See post #2

geposted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 12:52 pm
in that case I would like to build a virutal dj 8 skin by scratch from a software, could you post links of what software is easy understanding

geposted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 12:51 am

geposted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 1:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)