Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Live streaming copyright.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there anyway i can live stream on social media without being blocked or my sets muted or my sets deleted??....thanks

geposted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 4:41 pm
Thats entirely up to the platform you are broadcasting to.
Some platforms are further in their music rights management, than others. And some give notices only (but just means you can not monetize it), others mute.

Facebook is a little behind, and if you had problems there, try other platform instead : Youtube, Twitter (Periscope), Twitch, BandLab etc.. VirtualDJ can broadcast to all of those... And lots of live djs on Twitch all the time for example : https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/d81d54c8-d705-4df6-aaf0-01d715c1dbcc

And if on Facebook, you can always try mixing DJ remixes (since new top40 songs are often not cleared yet), try mix songs instead of play them out etc.

geposted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 4:45 pm
With a general lockdown during Covid19 there are a lot of us out there wanting to provide some free entertainment as well as practice but Face book seems to swoop quickly, why does Virtual DJ provide the link to facebook. I thought that by licencing we would be allowed to broadcast (at least up to a certain number of followers?) is this something that VDJ could raise on behalf of its currently unemployed users?

geposted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 4:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Depends on your content, if you only used bandcamp tracks you could probably stream all day without issue.
It's not a vdj/Atomix issue, vdj provided the function ahead of the curve, it's upto labels and FB to catch up.

geposted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 5:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)