Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: trouble selecting custom midi mapping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I recently did some custom midi mapping on a Allen & Heath XONE:K2. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it to appear when I go to Preferences > Controllers. The file is in the Mappers folder but the only options I have available are "Ignore" and "factory default Latching Layers Mode 0". None of the multiple xml files in the mappers folder appears here. However, when I go to Options > Controllers > disableBuiltInDefinitions and select "yes", then restart Virtual DJ, the mapping appears.

The problem is I am using another controller at the same time (the Pioneer DDJ-400) and I need both mappings to appear at the same time and they don't. The default Pioneer mapping shows up when I have "disableBuiltInDefinitions" set as "no" but it does not appear when that is set as "yes". The custom Xone mapping is the opposite. It shows up when I have "disableBuiltInDefinitions" set as "yes" but it does not appear when that is set as "no"

So, how do I get my files in the Mappers folder to appear? Or, is there a way I can download the default Pioneer DDJ-400 xml file (the one supported by Virtual DJ)? I couldn't find that in my Virtual DJ folder. I thought it might be in the Devices folder but there's nothing in that.

Thank you

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:44 pm
TRY THIS :type in devices

force-Nameofdevice.xml
force goes infront of the name of the device. then try it

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 11:19 pm
I tried adding "force-" to the filename but I couldn't get that to work (I may have had the wrong filename to begin with). However, I was able to get the xml file to show up as an option in the "Mapping" dropdown by editing the "device" in the code of the xml file. Apparently that has to match the controller for it to show up in the dropdown for that specific controller (the xml file for my XONE:K2 only shows up in the dropdown when the XONE:K2 is selected, it doesn't show up in the dropdown when the Pioneer controller is selected). So, this is the line of code that worked for me...

<mapper device="XONEK2" version="840" date="2020-04-05">

geposted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 9:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)