Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ window freezing, to the point where I have to hard restart the laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm having serious issues with Virtual DJ at the moment. The past few times I've tried to use it, it crashes/freezes so much that it's nearly unusable. Here are the details...

- I will load a song, start playing that song, then cue another track so it's playing in my headphones. This works for a few seconds or a minute, but eventually the wave forms freeze and all the lights on the controller freeze (the level meters, in particular). The music continues to play in the background, and the knobs/buttons on the controller still work, but nothing on the screen moves or is responsive. Eventually I have to hard restart the laptop because I can't get out of the full screen Virtual DJ window.
- This is happening on both my laptops (two different 2014 Macbook Airs). Oddly enough, it's worse on the one with better specs. Yesterday, on one of the laptops, I was able to play for a few hours without the program completely crashing but the Virtual DJ window was still freezing regularly and I would have to wait for maybe 30 seconds each time and then it would unfreeze and go back to normal (there are never any issues with the music during these times, everything sounds fine).
- This is happening with 2 different controllers (Mixars Primo and Denon MC7000).
- I tried deleting the app from one of the computers (although I did not remove all the original Virtual DJ folders) but the problem was still there after re-installing.
- I recently added a large number of songs to my library and the library is quite large overall now. I can't imagine that would be causing this but I figured I should mention it.
- I can run both controllers and both laptops on Serato without this issue.
- I never have any other programs running in the background.
- The only plugins I have are a couple 4-deck skins. This problem happens with the default skin and the downloaded skins.
- When I first got Virtual DJ (about a month ago), this wasn't an issue. It only started happening in the past couple weeks.
- I have the Virtual DJ Pro Infinity license, and the software says V 8.4 b5647

Any thoughts?

geposted Sun 19 Apr 20 @ 5:19 pm
Sorry for bumping my own post. I'm just hoping someone can give some insight on why this might be happening.

geposted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 8:34 pm
Not sure how to fix your issue, just stumbled across so other than to suggest deleting settings.xml from vdj folder in documents and setting back up. (personally id just live on the wild side an delete the whole vdj folder and start again but its probably a bad idea suggesting that!

Failing that contact support they are usually quite good.

geposted Sun 26 Apr 20 @ 11:42 pm
I have the same problem, starting for months ago. On 3 deferent MacBooks. Now I’m thinking is from waveforms. I’m used deferent than original. If you found something please share. ;)
Thank you

geposted Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 12:25 am
I get the error from macOS: “out of virtual memory”

geposted Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 12:27 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)