Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 32 vs. 64 bit Programmes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

It truly amazes me that 64 bit computers has been out for years now. 64 bit came out with the advent of Windows XP 64. Still 95 to 98 % of all programmes are written in 32 bit.64 bit is faster than 32 bit but 32 is the norm it seems. To only be able to get VDJ in 64 bit you need windows 10 is most sad. Some computers although newer in age cannot not run Windows 10. It is most sad indeed given I paid €264.84.

geposted Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 12:29 pm
Most computers can be upgraded to Windows 10 apart from the odd driver issue.

The main issue is that people don't want to do it.

geposted Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 12:49 pm
I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 and my computer blue screens. So mine cannot so the driver issue affect mine.

geposted Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 2:49 pm
It's not really clear that the 64bit version of VDJ only runs on Windows 10. I guess if it's not for you you can raise a support ticket and ask for a refund.

geposted Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 4:10 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 5:30 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Update ^^ Its now links to
Windows 10 update version 2004

geposted Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 6:27 pm
the reason the new version needs Windows 10 is not because of 32bit vs 64bit, it's because it's using some DirectX11 functions for drawing the interface, that are not available in Windows7

geposted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 7:00 pm
siobhan21 wrote :
It is most sad indeed given I paid €264.84.

VirtualDJ 2021 is a new software. Most other companies would make you pay again for it.
We decided (like usual) to give VirtualDJ 2021 for free to all our users who are on Windows 10.
But VirtualDJ 2020, that you paid for, is still working and supported.

That being said, if you are DJing professionally, maybe you should consider using an up-to-date computer.
I don't know how old is your computer if it cannot even run Windows 10, but you should ask yourself this question:
how old is your phone? (and if you spent more money to keep your phone up-to-date than your DJing computer, what does it say about how serious DJing is for you?)

geposted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 7:06 pm
How serious am I?

geposted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 7:19 pm
You took that picture with your iPhone 20, stop fronting. I'm still using my Note 8, and Galaxy 8. I will buy a new computer before I buy a new phone. Actually, I bought a new computer last year. I took a chance on an Intel NUC with an AMD video card. My laptop from 2014 loads the STEMS faster. So looking for a new computer, and a new laptop. I can always make a call.

geposted Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 8:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)