Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: All issues with DDJ-SZ2 buttons that dont work (PFL, Deck effects, slip mode without function) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hello dear users of virtual dj: today i would like to talk about some of the features that i fond out dont work for me and if you have any solutions to fix them:

1. first problem i encountered ws the issue with PFL (cue of the headphones foor each deck of m DDJ-Sz2) P.s. i am using virtuald dj 8.4 versionunder windows 7 and my controller is ddj-sz2).. so when i loaded a song to a deck (the (PFL cue of headphones) didnt light up like it usually did under my other ddj-sr contrller that i also own.
under trooubleshooting i found that this issue apparently cannot be resolved and the only thing to do is that you swtich under options the autoheadphones to no (before was set to always).. so now when you start your virtual dj first you need to check that all the cues(PFL) are not lighted swithch the unit on and then when you load a song to a deck you must swith the (pfL ) on and now the light of the PFL lights up. I would preffer thought that it would light up automaticly like it did under my previus ddj-sr controller.

to tha regard: when i was setting my ddj-sr controller to work with virtual dj i had to switch in the utilities the key lock on so virtual dj would work at all, but now under ddj-sz2 if i do that even my volume fadares dont work properly. so you must let the key lock light off in the utilities mode for DDJ-sz2. (on page 25 under ddj-sz2 manual)

i was wondering why does the mappping work now (if before under ddj-sr i hd to switch the utilites mode in midi mode and now i dont)??
and if i do it now my fader doesnt work properly and PFl also.. does that mean that my previus issues would be resloved if all the mapping was done in the utilites mode like it was done for ddj-sr if the (key lock ligh on under utilitites in ddj-sr and ddj-sz2 means the same thingor not???

2. My deck effects selectors dont work.
so each deck has 2 buttons over the high mid low and gain which assign effecks from left side to that particular deck with one button and effects from right side to that same deck with the second button. but those buttons dont work and dont even light up when i press them. i am wondering if the mappings for those buttons exist and if not how to add them?

3. slip mode: i have the button called slip mode and i dont know what is its function since (for example if i go into reverse while slip mode is on or off, the effect when i release the reverse its the same) so basicaly the slip mode has no effect.. (the same thing happends when i for example use roll.. when slip mode off or on there is no diffrence.. and i believe that is for everything else too.. i suppose slip mode on would work properly if the song started where it was interupted if the slip mode was off.. but it seems the slip mode is always on! which i really hate!

4. needle search deosnt work: why not how to fix it

If i find some other i will adress them here..
thank you for all the answers
Jan

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 8:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. There's no way for VirtualDJ to control the PFL leds on the DDJ-SZ2. This means that if you start using the PFL buttons on skin, or enable autoPFL, the leds of the PFL buttons on the controller won't be in sync with the software/skin. So it is advised to use the PFL buttons on the controller and disable "autoPFL" option (and yes, unfortunately manually enable the PFL on the deck you load a track to)

2. VirtualDJ doesnt have FX Assign functionality. Each Deck has its own "FX unit", the left one applies Effects to Left deck and the right one applies Effects to the Right Deck.
In default mapping the FX Assign buttons on the mixer are mapped to copy applied effects from one deck to another.

3. Slip mode affects more than just reversed playback. When enabled, several actions will perform temporarily and when done, track will resume playback from the position it would have been if the action was never triggered (e.g. holding/releasing Jogwheel, applying a Loop, triggering a Hotcue)

4. Needle search is by default disabled when track is playing out live. Nr. 36 https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz2/layout/decks.html

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 12:46 pm
I was wondering about this forcefully make the midi controller:https://docs.pioneerdj.com/Manuals/DDJ_SZ2_DRI1425A_manual/?_ga=2.16487222.1299906332.1597238713-595180438.1595231970&page=26
do you maybe know in which mode (key lock on) in utilities or (key lock off) in utilites was the mapping for ddj-sz2 made?

HWen i was using my ddj-sr i had to switch it to (key lock on) for the virtual dj t o recognise my commands......
my thought process is that if the mapping of ddj-sz2 was done in (key lock off) utilites mode.. then maybe just maybe that is the reason why some commands could not be programmed to ddj-sz2 machine.
and if that is the case i or someone could do a proper mapping for ddj-sz2 where everything would work.
i wish to understand.. (that utilities mode) :)

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:16 pm
The DDJ-SR is a different story. Indeed there are 2 modes which u select with the Keylock from the device Utilities mode and affects overall functionality. For the DDJ-SR it needs to be in Serato mode for all functions to work.

The DDJ-SZ2 offers a similar mode selection, but when either Serato or VirtualDJ are running, the device is automatically set to the "Serato" mode, so it doesnt matter which one you choose from Utilities.
Nothing to do with the PFL functionality though. Reason why the PFL cant be controlled via MIDI (and why AutoHeadphones doesnt work ) is simply because it's not offered from the firmware of the device and not because of any selected mode.

BTW, you mentioned some issue with Volume Faders ? If so, can you explain ?

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:25 pm
ad would it be possible to programm with vdj script that when you press fx1 for deck 1.. the effects for deck 1 (the one the left deck would be "available") for deck1 .... and when you click to fx2 assign the effeckts on deck 1 would be available or active on deck 1 .. ? with some clever vdjscrip t programming??

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:30 pm
Why would you want that ? Any chance you want to apply 6!!! Effects at the same time on a Deck ????

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:31 pm
Th volume faders.. did not work.. as they should when i set my utilites mode in my ddj-sz2 machine to /key lock on) so to fix this issue i just switch it back to (key lock off) in utilities mode.. .. thats also the reson i suspected that there might eb a someone that made some programming in this other mode..

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:33 pm
it was all about the PFl though.. bc when i switched the pfl on and the volume fader was down all the way i heard the music through the master through the outside speakers.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:37 pm
Hmm will double-check.. but just to be sure what u mean by "not working "..
When you start VirtualDJ do you see the positions of the actual/hardware reporting their positions, so get on skin what u see on the DDJ-SZ2 ?
If not, then try to pull the actual faders all the way up.. do they "work" after that ?
Do the actual Volume faders move the ones on the skin, but not affecting sound ?

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:38 pm
well you can also think you would take all three effects suddenly off from a deck.. if you go to the other direction..

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:39 pm

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:40 pm
asi mentioned. the voume faders did not work properly in utilites mode key lock on, but they worked fine in utilites mode key lock off.. just to be clear..

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:40 pm
yes i am sure.. if i am not mising anything the channels are exactly the same and i am using my booth monitors to get the signal out.... to be specific.. but that souldnt be an issue i believe.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:42 pm
if you want i can .try to remake the issue. with utilites mode on and see if the volume faders will have the same issue.. i dont know if the volume faders were.. the problem though .. more so the PFl since when the faders were down when i clicked the PFL of that channel where the fader was down.. i could hear the music through the master

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:44 pm

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:50 pm
i dont completely understand what this means:
https://gyazo.com/6fd4945c5d2ec9bbfa16e1ec3f8a0510

i believe that it might be like in the ddj-sr where one mode is completely free.. (i believe when the lit is on) and the other some kind of hybrid so vitual dj and serato both.. work somehow.. any clear expleantion would be nice.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:58 pm
djdad wrote :
The DDJ-SR is a different story. Indeed there are 2 modes which u select with the Keylock from the device Utilities mode and affects overall functionality. For the DDJ-SR it needs to be in Serato mode for all functions to work.

The DDJ-SZ2 offers a similar mode selection, but when either Serato or VirtualDJ are running, the device is automatically set to the "Serato" mode, so it doesnt matter which one you choose from Utilities.
Nothing to do with the PFL functionality though. Reason why the PFL cant be controlled via MIDI (and why AutoHeadphones doesnt work ) is simply because it's not offered from the firmware of the device and not because of any selected mode.

i still dont completely understand..what is the reason of having two modes then? if in both serato works..but i will check that.. i dont think serato worked when the lit was on in ddj-sz2

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 4:04 pm
MC Apollo / Jan wrote :
djdad wrote :

i still dont completely understand..what is the reason of having two modes then? if in both serato works..but i will check that.. i dont think serato worked when the lit was on in ddj-sz2

no serato doesnt work when in utilities mode and key lock is lit.
now i will recheck the issue with virtual dj fader in this exact utilites mode when the key lock is lit!.. be back soon

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 4:09 pm
MC Apollo / Jan wrote :
MC Apollo / Jan wrote :
djdad wrote :

no serato doesnt work when in utilities mode and key lock is lit.
now i will recheck the issue with virtual dj fader in this exact utilites mode when the key lock is lit!.. be back soon

it is as i said.. the volume fader works but when the volume fader is down (spaking about channel 1 to be specific) and i press the cue button(PFL of chennel 1)) the soound goes also out from the speakers(booth out) in my case.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 4:14 pm
MC Apollo / Jan wrote :
the soound goes also out from the speakers

Then you've got the sound config wrong.

By the way, you don't need to make a new post and quote everything from the previous one every time you write something. Edit the original post.

geposted Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 4:19 pm
65%