Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: All unscanned files in folders or searches now being autoscanned after latest update
I was just on the support chat, and didn't get anywhere; hoping someone smarter than us can help with this.
I've never had VDJ set to autoscan files it encounters. I do all my scans and imports manually. As of this morning, after I updated, it's now scanning every unscanned file it encounters in any folder, searches... everywhere. I went through settings with the live chat support guy, and nothing was changed - we flipped a few on and off to see if that would help, but nothing fixed it. He told me I run it a bit differently, I guess, than most other VDJ users; I don't like to look at a lot of unnecessary information. Files I want to use (highest quality or whatever reason) I want scanned. The rest I don't want scanned unless I decide to scan them. The files I've got scanned stand out in my searches, and I can find what I want a lot faster without having to add extra verbiage or sorts to the process. I know it sounds trivial, but for my personal workflow, having all my files scanned will slow me down a lot. Not to mention, I don't want HD videos I'm searching for all scanning during a performance.

The agent linked the previous versions which I reinstalled, and it works as it did before the update - so it's something going on with the performance tweaks or something they added to the new version. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

geposted Mon 14 Sep 20 @ 7:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have 8-core cpu's ?

geposted Mon 14 Sep 20 @ 8:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have an 8 core cpu or better it is indeed done automatically for any song in the view that is not yet scanned.
There is no setting to turn this off.

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 3:19 am
I do have 8 cores, yes. Well, that's a shame...

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 6:19 am
Not sure I understand why though. Bpm or length may have been filled in by the tag as well so they are not reliable to see which files you didn't touch anyway.
It would make most sense to move these files that you don't need to a different folder, or use last play / play count column to see if the file was ever used

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 6:44 am
kidmixxPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
I too just noticed the auto scan in my browser of new tracks when added. I prefer to scan manually, an option to turn off auto scan would be appreciated

geposted Tue 15 Sep 20 @ 11:21 pm
So, I went back to the previous build and no more auto scanning new songs when I drag them into the VDJ browser

geposted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 2:40 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
it look like all files are also scan/checked everytime a file is renamed from tag editor (2 cores cpu) takes a very longtime in batch rename ^^

geposted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 2:19 pm
When you rename or move a file all your playlists and virtual folders are checked and updated if necessary, this is not related to this scanning on view (and has been implemented more than a year ago now i think)

geposted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 2:31 pm
I create my own virtual folders and drag songs from windows explorer to a specific virtual folder, when dragged and droppped it scans all songs just added. Didn't do that on previous builds which is why I went back to previous build.

geposted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 4:33 pm
What is the problem with automatic scanning?

geposted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 4:46 pm
There is nothing wrong with the auto scan, I just have a specific way I like to keep my database.

geposted Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 3:12 pm
The auto scanning slows, loading songs onto the decks, to the degree that it interrupts the flow of the mix. It BITES!!!

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:32 pm
You can turn it off.

Look for analyzeSongsOnView in settings, and set to "no"

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:38 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
have it set it off. and it still does it

geposted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 2:08 pm
kidmixx wrote :
So, I went back to the previous build and no more auto scanning new songs when I drag them into the VDJ browser

same. and using a 13900k 8 power cores 15 efficiency cores.

geposted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 2:48 pm
i noticed there are two settings to turn off auto scan. you need to do both. the older build has it.

under "browser" set autosearch db to no

under "performance" set analyze songs on view to no

geposted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:10 pm
AutoSeatchDb adds songs to the search db, it does not scan them.
analyzeSongsOnView analyzes unanalyzed songs when they are shown. It does not add them to the search db

geposted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:41 pm
ok. but for this build if those arent checked that why. the autoscan is still a thing. not a big issue for me. but can be if looking around at other folders.

if people were not encountering this issue on earlier builds. then it could be a bug? or a new "feature".

anyway my setup is running perfect now. but still on an earlier build. stems are running normally now.

geposted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 6:50 pm